Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

$1 coin on the beach

ROBOCOP

Using my Excal 1000 with a SEF 12 x 15" coil I was just leaving the wet sand and heading to the staircase and got a hit in pinpoint. I switched to disc and got a high squeally tone and I thought a shallow quarter. In one scoop I pull out a coin that appears to be a goldish bronze color. I think it's a Chuck e cheese game token or some car wash token based on previous experience. With a close look I see George Washington's face and the $1 sign, cool, I didn't know these coins even existed. When I got home I checked the internet to read about it and they say there are some rare ones that don't have the "In God we trust" inscription. Mine had it on the side of the edge of the coin. Well the coins composition is 85% copper, that accounts for the high squeally tone.

Interesting find, I would like to find one of these in place of every penny I find.

ROBOCOP

Folks gotall upset when those dollar coins came out. They claimed that the mint had removed the in god we trust. They did not take time to look at the edge of the coin. The mint has been putting out four presidential dollars a year. I have found a few of them mostly in dirt but a few have come from the beach. Always a nice find as it makes clad totals add up much quicker.

Nice find and I agree, be nice to find several a hunt. Here in Washington DC we have the metro, you get change back on the fare machines and all they pay back are these.

I just dug up a James Madison and also thought it was a presidential token or something until I saw the reverse. Beats a quarter any day!

Nice find,about a month ago I was in Mrytle Beach , I was hunting in the dry sand in the early evening & had a Quarter reading in two scoops I pulled up 4 $1.00 coins.That sure got the blood pumping.HH & GL