Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 in a thousand key found

hotrod53

Funny story..... we detected a small local park yesterday, between the two of us we found 55 clad in a few hours. As I hit a grassy area I found a key burried about 5" down. Like most of you, over the years we have all found a box full of keys.

In this park there was a concession stand and an equipment storage building all in one building with multiple doors, all deadbolted. Out of curiousity I walked over to the building and stuck the key in the deadbolt. Low and behold, I opened the door right up! Of course I didn't enter the building and quickly locked it back up.

Wondering what to do with the key, I slid it around the door sweep until I found a gap where I could slide the key under the door. Later last night I looked up the phone number of the park office. I called and left a message of who I was, my phone number, how I found the key, and that I stuffed it under the door. Hopefully someone went there today and retrieved it.

That's the first time that I found a key and actually knew what it went to. Fortunately for the park we detctorist are for the most part honest people. In the wrong hands, there was a lot of equipment in there that could have walked away.

Way to go. I commend you on your honesty and for being a great representative of our hobby.

That was the right thing to do!