Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10.5 7.5 khz shoots deep!

The weight of the 10.5" DD 7.5 coil hasn't bother me in the slightest (have it on backward), but maybe having my own weight-lifting room has something to do with it. Am not real impressed with its depth so far as the 6" DD seems to have more depth for its size than the 10.5" DD does for being 4 1/2" larger. Another thing kind of disappointing about it is how much trash it seems to be hitting on, every bit as much as the concentric, maybe more. Though that could be from it going deeper than the concentric and just hitting on deeper trash or else from me being spoiled from using the 6" DD. Of course possibly I just need more time on the 10.5" DD because of not having had it very long...

I never liked the DD's because of the pinpointing issue until I started pinpointing like Randy suggested. Now I find it easier to pinpoint than with a concentric. When the sound drops out, dig here. Works perfectly every time.

I perfer to pinpoint with the DDs, I X over the target and draw 2 lines down center of the coil, on the ground. Most of the time don't use the PP function. There are times that I still need it though. I seem to struggle with my CC in terms of pinpointing.

I do find that my tests show that the 7.5 CC will go at least 1" deeper than the 2 HF DDs. However the DDs kick it when it gets trashy or dificult in terms of soil mineralization.

That is my experience in Eastern WA st. Thus comes My desire for that "Heavy" 10.5 MF DD.

HH
Jeff