Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 dollar gold piece lighter!!

nalc472

Believe this is the 1860s? Thought I hit gold. Found it about 5 inches down at a house over 150 years old. Thought it was junk. Got home and cleaned it off and wow.

Yep, that would have got my heart jumping. It appears to be gold plated, can you take a picture of the opposite side?

I see them advertised as 1800's lighters but I don't think that style of lighter was invented until the 1900's (zippo style 1932) I'm guessing yours was made in Japan 1950s to 1960s. :shrug:

Still a neat find though.

The other side is toast. The gold plating only goes so far. You got to see the best side.

Howdy nalc472--

That is one very cool lighter! Congratulations on digging an unusual find. That's the kind of dig that can make your day:clapping: Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel