Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 Hrs On The E-Trac

JohnA

Just upgraded from the Quattro. Some observations and opinions-familiar territory and a rehash of known topics for most, but lurkers are probably looking -I am one too. A turn on and go machine. Well balanced with the std coil. Used it for 4 hrs today with no problem, although it was level land. Auto sensitivity and ground balnce work great- can go from dry to wet salt sand and back seamlessly with minimal falsing, Great separation on the std coil Display glare is irritating but not a deal killer.Using the Sun Ray cover.Just got back from detecting a park I have hit numerous times with my Quattro and X-70 and an array of coils. Lots of EMI and iron. The E-Trac was as quiet as the X-70 and a 6" coil. 4 hour hunt produced 13 qtrs,12 dimes,6 nickels, and 34 pennies, 2 pieces of costume jewelry, lots of pull-tabs and assorted jumk, but no iron. A modern park, so don't expect to find silver coins.A lot of the clad had been in the ground a long time and I failed to detect it with my other setups. Especially the nickels. I have always had a gut feeling the Quattro and Excal were a little light on nickels- found more nickels with the Infinium and X. Found gold OK but always wondered if I was missing some gold. No worries with the E-Trac. Also found lots of clad in another EMI hell park yesterday that was old and missed. Now for the lurkers. I had researched the E-Trac and Spectra V3i extensively- even going to s White's dealer and playing with a Spectra. I liked the balance and display, although the coin/pulltab icons were a little cheesy. Also liked the wireless headphones. Decided that the E-Trac would be easier to use and I all ready had 3 other FBS coils. I feel I made the right decision for me. The Spectra is intriguing, but I didn't want to waste valuable hunting time tweeking the machine, notwithstanding it apparently works fine in the preloaded programs. Going to do a side-by-side comparison with the E-Trac and the 8" coil and the X-705 and the 6" 18.75 over all that iron. Should be interesting.

Thanks for the honest update John. Glad to hear things are going well with your machine.

NebTrac

The Etrac is a great machine . Its ability to see through iron trash is amazing .

HH all

cracking machine i am having such fun detecting for the first time had two other detectors before and got bored i cant get enough of these great finds with my etrac happy hunting all of you