Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 INCH SEATED SILVER LIVE DIG! PLUS TONAL TIPS AT THE END OF DIG..

Nice find Calabash! I've dug lots of the same signals similar and they turn out to be silver.
Mark

Last edited:
I don’t understand...Ted, you would’ve dug that signal based on what? We can’t hear the audio! You mean we are all going to go digging signals with little to no certainty that it’s a high conductor in our junky parks, schools and other sites in the HOPE that MAYBE there’s a POSSIBILITY that it’s a coin?
Here’s where the “disconnect” ALWAYS happens...it’s very easy to say that someone would’ve dug a certain signal AFTER the target has been revealed, but in the real world, there’s no WAY that most of us who normally hunt public places would chase something with a partial iron indication and NO numbers. In FACT...the ONLY reason that the signal in this video was dug if the overall indications described were correct is because of the SITE ITSELF. There are certain videos which Calabash Digger has that I’d like to see comments turned ON, if a PRODUCTIVE discussion about the sequence of the dig was possible. The assumed depth of that target isn’t accurate, it’s an estimation...an assumption....a guess within limits. Lest I remind the most enthusiastic of hunters....the difference between a 7-8” target and a 10” target is ENORMOUS.
The target winds up being a VERY nice coin! My question is....how many of these types of signals were dug while filming, and the film was erased or not used because the target wound up being JUNK? Again....in this PARTICULAR TYPE OF SITE...you would do this without a doubt! But 99.9% of metal detectorists aren’t hunting old plantations with absolutely neutral loamy soil. And to have anyone who is a COIN HUNTER say that they would’ve dug such a signal anywhere else?....to quote Dr. Fauci...might just be a “bridge too far”.

Kevin...I am sure I heard a signal. But with my hearing I could be wrong. A few weeks back I think I posted about a 1911 wheat cent I found in a school yard. My Whites TRX is around 10"long. And that was totally in the hole. I have 9 silvers so far this year and only had a total of 11 for last year. It is a lofty goal for me but I am going for 30 silver coins this year.:clap:

OK the target was dug because of the site. That being said I have dug numerous targets with this tonal nuance. Some junk but some turned out to be killer finds such as this one. If you look close the Dime came in the last scoop and was really closer to 11 inches than 10. I updated this video to show more detail as I posted it last night in a rush. The new updated version will show more and will be up shortly. I feel sorry for you park hunter as you have to VERY mindful of what you dig.
BTW my pinpointer is 9 inches and notice how far it is in the hole and also look at video close . Check where the last scoop of dirt goes...dime is in it.... Closer to 11 than 10...

You are correct about the difference between a 8 inch dime and a 10 inch dime...the difference is ENORMOUS! Night and day...

UPDATED VIDEO....
IMG_0909.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK the target was dug because of the site. That being said I have dug numerous targets with this tonal nuance. Some junk but some turned out to be killer finds such as this one. If you look close the Dime came in the last scoop and was really closer to 11 inches than 10. I updated this video to show more detail as I posted it last night in a rush. The new updated version will show more and will be up shortly. I feel sorry for you park hunter as you have to VERY mindful of what you dig.
BTW my pinpointer is 9 inches and notice how far it is in the hole and also look at video close . Check where the last scoop of dirt goes...dime is in it.... Closer to 11 than 10...
I completely agree with the spot your detecting I dig a lot of very questionable deep coins with sometimes iron in the hole and it pays off I have over 100 silvers so far this year 7 halves and one Morgan the rest dimes and quarters and a few war nickels and so many of those coins were deep iffy signals.
Mark

Congrats on a nice coin CD! You are right IDX it is site specific. I posted the same video over 2 years ago {angry skies} on an old site bits of audio and no numbers didn't turn out to be a seated dime but it was non ferrous. Yes you will dig some iron but with practice the amount will go down. I think that's the point CD is trying to get across.
HH Jeff

Question for you diggers- everyone complains about the Equinox's audio gain. While it my not be what your used to but I hear a huge difference on the really deep targets compared to shallow/big ones. Does any one else?
HH Jeff

I do Jeff..The deeper coins are a different sound in my opinion. Sure...I dig a rusty nail once in a while. But if I get a consistent tone I dig. The deeper target doesn't cover as much of an area while sweeping as let's say a 6" coin.

I got a deep signal the other day, 8+ inches............it turned out to be a quarter inch long rusty head of a square nail, I was happy as a lark. It let me know the 600 could pick out little targets really deep. Whats a good find depends on many things. I didn't find a dime. I did find respect and confidence in the machine. I didn't even ground balance it, just used the turn on and go listed on the little sheet included. I ran it over my test garden and I'll be danged if I didn't dig up 2 targets I didn't even remember being in the ground!

Calabash,

Thanks for a great video and congrats on the dime!

I wanted to add to the discussion the coil size. Since you are using a standard 11' coil and your buddy has the 5' sniper coil I would expect there would be a difference in signal clarity. It would be interesting to see what the 18' coil would hit on the same target, and whether the ID #s would be closer to correct, and also the intensity of the signal.

In my test garden I did not find the big coil to be really any deeper than the 11 inch. Sounds strange but the Nox seems to be in tune with the 11 inch coil above the rest IMO if that makes sense. My buddy put the 6 on to show me how good it was because he knows I dont care for it.

I too am learning the deeper targets that are on the edge of detection but thas because I will take the time to chase after a possible coin. It's a game of chance but there are slight differences. My biggest iron giveaway is the typical non repeatable in more than one direction and the PP being off from where the discriminated signal was. Of course I always check things out in all metal too.
The Equinox is a beast once you get to know it.
Calabash that was a great hunt you had there!!

Congrats!!

Last edited:
In my test garden I did not find the big coil to be really any deeper than the 11 inch. Sounds strange but the Nox seems to be in tune with the 11 inch coil above the rest IMO if that makes sense. My buddy put the 6 on to show me how good it was because he knows I dont care for it.
I like the 5” coil because it is good when there are multiple targets close together. You make an interesting observation on the large coil. I have not pulled the trigger on buying one yet