Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 Silvers and 8 Wheats today.

JohnTN

Today was the first day the rain has let up in a week now and it is supposed to rain the next 3-4 days so I thought if I was gonna get out for a while I better do it today and I'm glad I did. The ground was moist and some spots were very saturated. It took me a couple hours to find my first silver because the combination of the new MSC Ratphones ( I'm not used too ) and the wet ground conditions everything was sounding a bit different. Once I got the first silver and heard what it sounded like I dug the rest in about 2 more hours. I was getting some deep targets for sure with the SLQ at 11" in the hole with a huge nail thus the scratch on the face DANG!! oh well. This ties my personal best silver count for one day, I was really hoping to find number eleven but my battery on the Etrac played out and I didn't bring extras. Which was fine because my butt was kinda dragging after 4 hours of digging anyways. Hope you guys enjoy.

Can you say Ca-ching $$$ That was super...:please:

John, I'm amazed at your silver finds. Way to go! I have a question for you. Do you dig all the coin signals you get or just the deep ones you think might be silver?

Oh Yeah!!!!!! Silvers and wheats.. love the combination.
You had a great day.....Congrats.. Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Gibsondan I usually try to keep an eye on the depth meter and just dig coin signals over 5" deep unless it has that silver sound, I try to leave the shallow coins for the other guys. :rofl: However I dug a Merc at 2" last week, I would have normally walked right over it because of the depth but it just sounded to dang good.

John, I found a stand liberty quarter at 2 inches... So I don't pass up anything.

Magicman was very proud of that "standing liberty'. He called me over to brag about it, I mean see it just laying there in such a shallow hole.

Magicman congrats on the SLQ they are hard to find. This is only the third one I've ever found since I started detecting in the late 1970's. I would normally dig all coin signals on most old sites, except this old fairgrounds I was hunting last night has so much fill dirt and gravel added in the later years. One merc at 2" ( last week ) is the only shallow older coin I have ever found there. Most of the old coins in this location are 6" -11" and don't come easy, most have to be chipped out from below the layer of gravel.