Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 x 12 sef coil for e trac should i buy one

bradley

hi everyone i am getting my e trac thursday i have had one before but had to sell so now getting another one but i have been seeing alot of good things about the 10x 12 sef butterfly coil my question is how much deeper will it detect than the one that comes with the e trac and are they more stable and better at pinpointing please share your opions thanks

The stock coil is awesome and you'll get deep if the settings and conditions are right. If I were you I'd go with a smaller coil first and then pickup a larger coil later (unless you do a lot of beach detecting and then I'd go larger instead of smaller). Either way you go you'll have fun :detecting:

thanks randy i talked to the guy i buy my detectors from this morning and asked him about the 10x12 sef and he said it is a waste of money he said the pro coil is just as good so yeah i might go with the smaller coil for the trashy areas and keep the pro coil for the deeper targets thanks for the reply randy

Bradly,

Try the 8"x6" SEF Coil. It is a Double Elliptical coil that has: better ground balance; more stable operation;
deeper in the ground; better pinpointing and more accurate identification.
One can buy it at Kellyco.

Regis

I have both and prefer the 10x12 SEF over the Pro Coil. The good things about the Pro Coil are its weight (It's very light) and it's somewhat round making it easier to move through light brush than the SEF.

I've ran the coils head to head and the SEF is slightly deeper, it's also heavier (But much of that extra weight is due to the fact that it's a lot more durable than the Pro Coil). I can also run the sensitivity up higher on my SEF than my Pro Coil without worrying about falsing as much. The coverage of the SEF is also slightly better.

In the end if you already have a Pro Coil there's no reason to buy a 10x12 SEF. IMO the SEF is a better coil, but you'll probably have just as many say it's the other way around. :detecting:

I have not used the 10 x12 alot but I havent seen much difference between that and the pro coil. I do like the pro coil for lack of weight and good depth. Maybe the 10 x 12 will work out in some other ground or condtions but I havent seen it yet.

I've had the 10X12 coil, uh 3 times, 3 of them. I've had the 6X8 coil, uh 2 times, 2 of them. The 10X12 needs coasters on all 4 corners if you ask me, it's heavy! The smaller coil 6X8 is a nice coil but still heavier than most all the coils out there, about the same weight as the pro coil. I've also had the X12, X8, and X5 by Sunray. The X8 Sunray is a superb very light coil that is pretty dang deep. I've also had 4 Pro coils and have one now that I will keep. What I found out going through so many coils is that for a medium sized the X8 cannot be beat. For a large coil, the Pro coil cannot be beat. I personally just don't have the mindset to run a 5" coil of any kind. The ETrac separates too well to run a coil that small imo. I'm currently using for my small coil a 4.5X7 Excelerator coil and it does a great job and is very light.

thanks guys well it looks like i wont be buying the 10x12 seems like everyone thinks the pro coil is just as good thanks for all posts on helping me decide if i should buy one or not

I HAD the 10x12...sold it, I HAD the sunray x-12...sold it. To me, the pro-coil was better. If you need to spend money, you are much better off buying a smaller coil for the trashiest spots. That is worth the money.