Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

102, 103,104,105,106......

dmnz

For those in the know..... Had a successful hunt with the ATX and 8 inch mono - circa 1.5m deep water a mixture of sanded in areas and other erroded areas at a very "old" beach here in NZ. Adding the last 3 today!

Also - a very unusual find - hallmarks from the late 1800's - a silver cigerette holder??

Off overseas until the 27th dec - and will post a yearly wrap up then ;)

Two of these are pretty old - hallmarked from the UK. May need some help identifying the dates!! Will try and take a photo of the hallmarked rings at some stage.... the iPhone 6 is crap at macro photos / zoom.

Wow ! You know, there's over the counter valve, sold yourself value, melt value, scrap value, and then , sentimental value (keeper)
Any route your taking, got to be into some serious Ka-Jing ! ($$)
On another note, I hunt the Infinium L/S, and I'm finding the 8" mono is becoming my favorite coil on that machine, under most circumstances.

Congrats on another great year.
Dancer

good stuff .. my atx finds are slim this year . perth beaches are holding onto the goodies .. too much sand and nowhere for it go . have a good one mate .

8 inch mono is by far my favourite coil! The other is waiting replacement by Garrett anyway. Seems to give "crisper" sounds over gold for me anyway. As an aside - Garrett should ship new ATXs with the 8inch mono as an option (they are the same cost).

Wow I love those old rings!! And That is impressive, I may need to borrow a friends to see if will help in spots...Just hope he still has it..

You've had a great year John and it isn't over yet. I did manage a quickie hunt Wednesday and found my 1st mercury dime of the year and 3 wheats and 5 clad pennies. Hope to post photos next week. Mercury dime was 1935 and wheats were 1925, 1942 & 1944. Real crisp bands on the back of the mercury dime, but don't know if this was a key date or not.

Clarification.....It was not I who found them, it was dmnz. He is an excellent hunter and deserves 100% of the credit.:super:

For those above - i do think the mono is a good investment if you hunt in the water. Easier to pinpoint, faster to use and more "robust". Saying that - the coil pricing is very high. I found a circuit diagram for an Infinium DD coil - would love to find one for the ATX mono. I can imagine a big, flat, homemade mono for final cleanups ;). Am currently traveling in the Gold Coast of Australia (arrive in Surfers Paradise today). Very tempted to have a look at that beach each day before the family wakes up!

Bloody hard going in Australia without my ATX ;(. Using an Excalibur II - great machine) but really scraping the surface with coins.... An iPhone and a honker of a silver ring last night ;) (original Harly Davidson ring). Oh .... And a working watch....

Managed to find the iPhone owner who was super happy to have that back ;). 50 AUD "reward" unprompted, so some spare spending money for the kids - so happy with that. iPhones, once locked are "bricked" anyway? So worth to give them back if possible! Now if we can only hunt down the elusive gold ring on that huge beach!!! Must try again tonight!