Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x12 or is it 12x10 sef coil

ronnw69

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a question about the sef coils I've been looking at for my new V3i I just got. I'm looking for a new coil and have been reading the horror stories about the 10x12 sef, or is it a 12x10? That's my question, what size is it? Thanks for your help and feel free to add any tips to help me hit the ground running with the V3i! Thanks

V3i, Coinmaster GT, TRX, Lesche Digger

10 wide - 12 long.I like my white one.

OK that's what i thought, so Kellyco is the only place to get the white one right?

In the USA, yes.

I know a lot of people have posted problems with the 10x12 SEF. I have the black one for my DFX and the white one for my V3i. No problems with either. I can run the white one at max gain and even use boost with no problems where conditions allow. I guess I was lucky to get really good ones.

The best tip I can think of is just get out there and start swinging. A good place to start is with one of the stock programs like Coin & Jewelry or Relic (depending on where & what you are hunting) and don't change settings until you learn how they affect the machine. You might have to adjust the sensitivity and gain a little to start.

Good luck.

There were problems with the black 10x12 SEF when used with the V3i. The same happened with the early white ones. Some worked and some couldn't run full RX. The coils were fine they couldn't content with the 22.5 frequency.

I haven't heard of problems in a long while. When I tested the white coil for Kellyco the first one would run full RX but the signal% was higher than my Whites coils. The second one I still have and use itwhen ever I can.

The newer white SEF 10x12 coil is "V" nulled. I used it on a V3i and VX3 and it worked perfectly. I was informed that the first ones made were black and had problems. I think the new coil is a near perfect coil for the V series.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'll definitely be getting one soon, here in Northeastern Ohio we have wide open places so i think the 10x12 will be my goto coil most the time! Have a great day everyone.

For me, it's the larger coverage I get with the 10x12. I'm still not convinced it's any better than the stock 10DD. It seems to handle EMI a little better and is maybe just a tad bit deeper in the right conditions but I'd say not more than an inch or slightly more.

Good luck Ron

Thanks wasp for all your input, was just checking prices at Kellyco and for another 10 bucks i could get the 15x12, decisions decisions lol.

Depends what and where you are hunting. I wouldn't use the 12x15 in moderate trash, in parks or for coins.

Ron, get the coil that you want but the 12X15 is a lot heavier and not much (if any) deeper for coin hunting. If you are hunting deep relics, yes, the 12X15 might be the ticket but for coin huting, the 10X12 or even a smaller coil is ideal IMHO.

OK thanks, yeah it probably would be allot heavier...

What would make the sef 10 x12 better that the Super 12 v nulled coil. You would think that a detector manufacturer would have better insight into how a coil works than someone who only makes coils. Unless of course Whites has some vested interest in Kellyco. IMHO.

I don't know but sounds like Whites will be using the DeTech ultimate 13" . I never thought I would see a company use any coil but there own. Whites doesn't post on the forum anymore since the personnel change. :cry: I miss you guys.