Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10X5 EMI Issues

Nevermind. I got the answer to fix my problem.
I do the ground balance and noise cancel and have lowered the sensitivity but my 10x5 in certain older neighborhoods with older wiring i.e. not well-shielded power to homes in areas where I detect. What other issues might there be. Here is a link to an explanation of EMI that I take heed of and accordingly shut off my phone and put it in Blackout Bag. I also am very careful with how I wrap cabling from coil to box... https://docsdetecting.com/2019/03/2...e-detecting-and-roar-like-a-lion-on-a-target/

I do the ground balance and noise cancel and have lowered the sensitivity but my 10x5 in certain older neighborhoods with older wiring i.e. not well-shielded power to homes in areas where I detect. What other issues might there be. Here is a link to an explanation of EMI that I take heed of and accordingly shut off my phone and put it in Blackout Bag. I also am very careful with how I wrap cabling from coil to box... https://docsdetecting.com/2019/03/2...e-detecting-and-roar-like-a-lion-on-a-target/

I have the 31" Lesche digger. I have found that if it is too close to the Nox when swinging (I carry it left handed and swing right) that on the end of my forward swing I have lost signals that are blatantly obvious such as a shallow quarter. I came across this accidentally one day and was like wait a minute, put my shovel within a foot of the in-ground 30-32 signal and it disappeared totally. Took the shovel away, swung and it was back again, dug it and sure enough it was a clad quarter.|

from then on I tuck my shovel under my left armpit horizontal to the ground.

I have the 31" Lesche digger. I have found that if it is too close to the Nox when swinging (I carry it left handed and swing right) that on the end of my forward swing I have lost signals that are blatantly obvious such as a shallow quarter. I came across this accidentally one day and was like wait a minute, put my shovel within a foot of the in-ground 30-32 signal and it disappeared totally. Took the shovel away, swung and it was back again, dug it and sure enough it was a clad quarter.|

from then on I tuck my shovel under my left armpit horizontal to the ground.
Never had a problem with my 31" T handle lesche digger
I swing with my right hand also hold the digger with my left.
I was detecting with some folks one time and one of the guys says to me you should swing the detector with your left hand and carry the digger in your right. hand.
I laughed and said why would I use my left hand when I'm right handed my right hand is doing all the work.