Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12-30

Jim upstate NY

Today I got a V nickel that read solid 12-29 jumping to 30, was about 5 inches deep, was surprised when a nickel popped up, was hoping for an on edge indian or something.. after digging it read 12-14 out of the hole and going over the empty hole produced nothing but threshold and same rechecking with my X1? Maybe my ground is just that screwed up,, I just don't see how everyone thinks this is so much more accurate than the explorer.. granted It is faster, but man my readings jump all over compared to what everyone else seems to be seeing.. has anyone found anything good when digging broken signals? I seem to be digging a lot more holes that I used to with the explorer anyway :) Still haven't found anything deeper than 6 inches that was any good, although I seem to be getting plenty of volume on the 6 inchers, so I assume I can get much deeper.. Oh I finally got a few indians today.. will post them later and you can see how bad my ground is at this park :)

Jim, I am sure you have said it before but what does your autosens run in that park. I have noticed that when mine gets to 10 or 11 I naturally lose some depth. At 18 and up I have pulled coins out at a measured 9 inches. BTW, I have pulled 3 V nickels out of the ground with another machine and they all read high on the VDI. I will start having to look at some of these other number combos in areas where the trash isnt so tough to see what I get. TMAN...

Every time Golddigger had a deep hit on our Massachusetts trip he'd call me over to see if I could see it with the E-Trac and I could including the 8 to 9 inches he kept finding things at. I did notice that he seemed to find more deep targets then I did but I attribute that to him having blind luck... :D

One note though. In auto I couldn't see much of anything deep. I had a habit of sticking it on manual and running it up till it got unstable and then backing it down. I didn't read a manual on it till way later...

Guvner..

Didn't know enough to do anything else. I thought it was a pretty good pattern and had that first large cent within 3 hours of getting off the plane with almost no E-Trac experience. I did experiment with the all metal mode once I found a target and noticed that even on some coin finds that it would read high on the left side sometimes but that went away mostly once back in the discrimination pattern. I really felt I made a mistake bringing it along with no experience but I did ok with it. Both my large cents looked pretty good for being in the ground that long...

I also found an 8 inch deep 1852 seated dime with the SEF 12 x 15 coil but lost it presumably in the laundry as I put it in my front pants pocket for safe keeping and haven't seen it since... :(

Guvner..

My coins down here in the big city are like that too.

I've found some pretty bad coins in my day, but I think your Indian wins hands down. Is that a half cent Indian???

Jim what kind of readings do the indians give? Out of the many coins i have pulled i have yet to get one. The ground where i hunt is really bad too.