Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

120 Ed

Pap

using Monte's determination of 120 ED can you read a four inch nail at minimum discrimination?
Pap

Yes and no.

With my Silver Sabre uMax, it will pick up a 4" nail, if I wave the nail while holding it right.

The response is scratchy for the most part because the Silver is trying to reject the nail.

But the size of the nail is large enough that it will cause the response to bleed over into
foil range and get a more solid hit as it passes, and mostly on the ends of the nail.

In other words, the larger the iron or steel, the higher on the scale of conductive metals
it goes, as far as the response of the MD.

If I try to clean out all the nails in a small area that has lots of 16 penny nails (farming
nails about 4" long). I can get lots of them with my Silver, but lots of them were missed.
If I go over the same spot at a different angle I can pick up lots more nails. If I use a
metal detector with a

odd because the Golden picks up the nail cleanly no matter in what orientation you hold the nail yet it is listed as a 120 ED. funny?
Pap

No idea why Tesoro listed the Golden as 120 degree as it has full range discrimination. At minimum disc setting my Golden with 7 inch ShadowX2 coil will detect the staple lying on the penny in the photo, only a half inch or so so but it will get it. Just the staple alone, the penny is for size reference. I don't like, and don't use, detectors with 120 degree discrimination as they will miss some nonferrous targets that have iron close to them, and also smaller gold chains.

[attachment 82617 MVC-018F.JPG]

Ha Pap, that's interesting.

I've never had a chance to use a Golden.

My Cibola would not respond to a 3 1/2" nail if passed it by the coil

in a particular way. It would clean most the fraiming type nails, but not

all. My Eldorado my Euro Sabre and my Compadre will get all the

framing nails and those three will pick up any nail in any direction,

and that's with clean hits and not trying to reject it.

I like the Silver though. I'm fixin to take it and my Euro out and go after it.

Yaw have fun,

JB (MS) That is why I was so surprised when I tested the Golden. I knew I had read it was 120 ED and thought O.K. I could use it in certain situations although like you prefer somthing with 180 ED. Then I tested it with a nail and the seven inch coil at a six sensitivity setting and got a really soild hit at about five inches from the coil.
Pap

I found a comment by Monte stating that the Golden is not a 120 ED unit as well. Maybe we know something Tesoro doesn't or our definition isn't the same.
Pap

I dunno... :shrug:
That Jack Gifford fellow a lot smarter than ME!
hh

[size=medium]Howdy, folks! :detecting:

First, let me just say DO NOT both trying to E-mail me as my E-mail is still inactive. They were delayed getting the property finished we moved to manage and we're staying at my in-laws place until we can get moved in. Once we do (hopefully by April!) I'll have my computer back, have high-speed cable hooked up, and be a 'regular' again.

Right now I'm using my son & daughter-in-law's computer to touch base for the first time since mid-February.

I just caught this one and thought I'd respond. Pap's reference to a post I made regarding a "Golden" would need to be referenced with the whole proper model name.

The 'original' Golden SABRE as well as the Golden SABRE PLUS did NOT have the ED-120 discrimination. Both of these models were out before "ED-120" was first introduced (on the Bandido and Silver Sabre II). They had a much more limited range of acceptance.

The Golden SABRE II DID have ED-120 discrimination as it used the Pantera circuit board. Actually, according to a comment jack Gifford made to me years ago, the Pantera & GS-II actually had slightly less than a full 120 degrees of acceptance in order to accommodate the notch circuitry.

The Golden MICRO MAX has an almost full-range of acceptance. It's not quite ED-180, but is closer than most other Tesoro models.

The point here is that when a poster uses the term "Golden" they need to be clear as to which of the four (4) Tesoro models with Golden in their name they are referring to.

Monte

PS: back on the forums soon.
[/size]

Nothing like learning the current and past line of Tesoro's.
Glad someone can keep on track - too much for me.

Glad to see you back Monte :thumbup:

I've always thought the names of certain Tesoro models were kinda "weird". Don't get me wrong, I love the Tesoros, but I think they could have done a better job coming up with names of SOME of them. I guess to me, the most unusual name(don't throw rocks) is the TAYHAWN..............

Are you catching on now ....They attempted to go all gold and treasure related, or tough and easy to use... Spanish themed

Hey, Bubba....What kinda machine you usin'?.....I'm using a TAYHAWNNNNN. What YOU USIN?:argue: Well, I don't know, but it AIN'T nuthin that sounds like that!!!!

Well, Tab.....I can pronounce it, but I don't want to have to say it.:crazy:

Don't know if I'll use it again or not - hate to say it - but I kind of bought this one just to have a classic that has that Frito Bandido dude :blink: Really !!!
[attachment 83208 Bandido-IIa.JPG]

That really is a nice Bandido, Tab-nabit.
Actually, it is a graceful looking machine.

I like the Tesoro names, even though it is a marketing ploy, of sorts.
My guess is that Jack Gifford was, in fact, duly impressed,
with the Spaniard's drive to gather all the yellow metal they could find.

As said above, Tesoro simply means treasure!
And the Tejon, gosh, you can't pronounce it like you're from Georgia, OR Arkansas...:crylol:
It's just tay/hone, stated short and quickly, with emphasis on the last syllable.
The badger is one dirt diggin' tasmanian devil! And mean! (especially with one leg in a victor trap!)
Tough characters, too! We dispatched 'em with a golf club, on the trap line. They're tougher than a bobcat, by far.

Does anyone have the Tesoro lineup posted anywhere?

I've seen pics of the indians, Toltec, Aztec, Mayan & Inca
Cities... Cibola & Eldorado
Explorers DeLeon and Cortes & Conquistador
People... Vaquero, Bandido, Compadre & Amigo
Animals Tejon, Lobo, Pantera & Sidewinder... the fish
Metal... Gold & Silver
Weapons... Sabre & Cutlass
Diablo, wherever he fits in...:biggrin:

What have I forgotten?
What is going to be next in the lineup?

I really don't care to see X-34 or 5150 for model designators...

Hasta luego!
rmptr

I am not qualified to argue with Monte but Tesoro says Golden U Max is 120ED and quote ( knocks out all the nasty iron) It also has adjustable notch window..maybe thats why you get a little variation

Lots of good info - I have been corrected on some of the names and I think I can say them correctly now - unless the folks who corrected me was pronouncing them wrong to begin with :blink:
This is my current line at the moment. I have that feeling the family will change before end of year - just don't know how yet.
[attachment 83319 FamilyPhoto.JPG]