Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266 XB

joe dirt_1

I've had a few 1266's over the years and loved them all, but always traded them off for something new like an idiot. Well, I just ran across a 1266 XB in the hard case with 8 & 10 1/2 inch coils in very nice shape. Picked up a clean 5 inch and 11 inch solid coil for it off Fleabay.
It's getting harder to find these great older Fisher detectors, especially in nice shape, and they seem to command high prices still. I won't make the same mistake again of trading this detector off for something new....this 1266 is here to stay! HH

Roger

Greetings, joe dirt 1! I've got a 1260 and a 1270, but need to get out and use them more. How would you compare the 1266 to these other machines? Duck!:sadwalk:

Man Been using CZs for 16 Years,But never a 1200 machine. Always wanted to try a Legendary 1266. Wonder how depth would compare? Probably not as deep but close? I always wondered. May try one if Find one at rite Price.

I have a 1266 and 1270 they are both work horses

Just wondering if I should even consider glomming onto a 1266 since I've already got:confused: the 1260 and the 1270.

Have had several 1266's and one 1270 x ,well they are just about the same with 1270 having more depth plus discriminates better against Iron:thumbup:

Joe, hopefully you have been out finding the deep goodies with your 1266. I took mine out this past Saturday. It took me a while but now I can tell the difference of the shallow targets and the deep ones. Most of my targets are in the 7 to 11 inch range. Many of the targets are brass but small. I haven't been out in a while so was wondering where everyone sets their discrimination settings at? Currently mine are at 5 and 7. But 5 seems to be a bit high? This is for deep coin hunting, for Relic Hunting I woo would set it at 0 and 5? Thanks for any tips.

I've sold the Explorer awhile back.. never did compare them in a field test.. The depth is pretty close on each for coins.. as for relics the fishers would be my choice.. they are pretty straight forward.. easier to use.. turn on and go. easier on the arm to swing and battery life especially on the 1266x.. but the minelab has less EMI when sensitivity is cranked up.. both are slower than some others on recovery time..just my 2¢

I set my first discrim to 4, and the second to just a hair below a 6. Still get nickels and gold rings.......NGE

I have a 66 I am trying to sell. Been asking $300 for it. It is in mint condition condition. Has the 8 inch coil. With cover. It is the older 66. Made in Law Bonose.