Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266X question

Digging Fool

I talked to an old guy today who has been digging a LONG time, and he says that the Los Banos 1266X is one of the deepest and best relic machines ever made. Is this true? Next question is how heavy are they? Thanks!

Well the weight is 3.9 lbs and it is an easy to swing and operate detector.

As for the deepest relic machine, that would be hard to prove, but if you run it wide open for all metal it is for sure deep. I will go as far as to say it will hold it's with the best.

Ron in WV

Along with the previously listed information... it is also a light weight, well balanced detector with good ergonomics and long battery life.

Digging Fool said:
Thanks for the replies! I may be on the lookout for one.

Link to 1266x

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,1537298

add a depth master to the 1266 and it goes even deeper. I have dug targets with this combo elbow deep in old sites.

I've been using the 1266 for about 18 years now - gone through 2 & am on my 3 rd one, my only other machine is another 1266 as a backup. I'm still very happy with it. Cannot imagine digging more than I am with something else. Steve in so az

I just got a nice 1266x with stock 8" and 5" coils, I am really liking it, so much so that this one has ended my wheelin & dealin habbit for quite some time. I have swung mostly Tesoro's over the years and the 1266x is a tad heavier but it is very well balanced. My wife used it the other day and the weight never bother her at all. I highly recommend getting one if you can find one at a good price. Steve.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/1266-X.pdf

Its a fine machine that will hold its own against modern machines in certain regards.
It was waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of its time and really set the bar in terms of certain performance types. Because of this, you have a lot of guys who are fiercely loyal to them.

In a modern arsenal, they aren't as good all-around machines as what's offered today, but on iron, with the big coils, they'll run with the best. This is why relic hunters love them and why a lot of modern MD'ers want one as a specialty unit. If you're hitting the a relic field, you're very well heeled with one.

The 1266 is without a doubt a deep seeking machine, it is a classic favorite among the relic crowd.

It's cousin the 1265X is also a very good machine, users have found all kinds of stuff with both of these machines.

great machine... I don't go relic hunting with out it...

Couple a "HotHead" coil to the 1266-X and you will be unbeatable. I did and am still using mine, I bought my '66-X new in '84.......NGE