Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13 inch detech vs D2

First of all, is it worth it? :surrender: I'm in the market for a v3i with wireless setup, or the french detector with 11 inch coil.

I had the orginal v3 spectra back in 2010, and sold it (big mistake), so now I want to purchase one again. But from what I have read from others, is this...I hear that the newer detech 13 inch ultimate is better for the EMI issues (that used to plague my original v3) vs the stock coil, the D2. Soooooooo, is the 13 inch better for EMI rejection, and depth, for relic hunting? Any input as to a yay or nay, on this comment and thought process? Better depth for vdi acknowledgement and/or depth overall in AMM or mixed mode?

Thank you, bubba

I too prefer the ultimate coil for all the same reasons....it's just better at everything!

You need this coil. As good as the V is , it's so much better with this new coil. Go get your self one . You will be very happy you did.

Oh I got it and love it. For many reasons now!

dktucson said:
What coil in the menue is every one using for the new 13 incn d tech
Good question if you get an answer let me know I just ordered the Detech 13" today and figured I'd call White's the Super 12" is concentric so the 10" DD would be closest but not sure.

Bubba.
I purchased mine a few weeks ago and it does a great job. Hit some items as deep as 10 inches. I enjoy swinging the coil.
On another note...Someone posted on Facebook that if you have the Detech 13" for the V3i set the coil setting to the 12" coil option then "Reset" the V3i? Not sure what he meant by that.
I asked him to expand but no response.
Any ideas?

WELL yesterday I spent almost the entire day, LITERALLY, fine tuning and experimenting with 2 setups. 1 for CW relic hunting and 2 for deep coins with little feedback. I can say that the deep coin program is quiet! I am trying my best to duplicate our deep relic settings from the XLT to the v3i, and so far I am very impressed. Shell frags are being air tested 3-4 inches deeper minimum.

Now I know that air testing is totally different then real world hunting and detecting. But I am super excited nonetheless.

Bubba

Ps, I had the best results with setting the 13 inch detech ultimate coil, by setting the coil setting to the D2 , instead of the 12 super coil. At least this is what I have found yesterday while testing. So far...

Hdnsouth said:
dktucson said:
What coil in the menue is every one using for the new 13 incn d tech
Good question if you get an answer let me know I just ordered the Detech 13" today and figured I'd call White's the Super 12" is concentric so the 10" DD would be closest but not sure.

Very cool Bubba.
I will continue to tweak my machine too. :) I will try the D2 setting. I tried the 12" last week and it seemed ok. I was working in the Stereo Mixed Mode. I like the different tones in the left & right ears.
Best of luck.
JP

JP, I'm also using the stereo mixed mode on my relic program. I am anxiously awaiting some cooler temps and cut grasses/plowed fields before hitting our CW relic honey holes. :)

Bubba

JP66 said:
Very cool Bubba.
I will continue to tweak my machine too. :) I will try the D2 setting. I tried the 12" last week and it seemed ok. I was working in the Stereo Mixed Mode. I like the different tones in the left & right ears.
Best of luck.
JP

The coil settings on the V3i have no effect on how well the coil works. All the settings do is to attempt to give a more correct depth reading. The wrong coil setting will either make you think the V is getting deeper or make you believe the V is not getting as deep as usual.

Thanks Rob. That makes sense now...

Rob (IL) said:
The coil settings on the V3i have no effect on how well the coil works. All the settings do is to attempt to give a more correct depth reading. The wrong coil setting will either make you think the V is getting deeper or make you believe the V is not getting as deep as usual.

I've been using the 13 inch coil for a while now. It seems to separate better than the D2, and it is a lot less prone to EMI in my experience. I've been able to run my sensitivity setting quite a bit higher, and it shows in my test bed.It will hit a 10 inch quarter, 8 inch dime, easy.I need to bury some deeper than that I guess. I have also found some tiny rings with this coil, as well as other very small items. It's a must have IMHO :)

Thx.....are you the Carolina coin hunter?'.....if so I love your vids....think I'm ordering tomorrow...hate I missed them on sale a while back..Lol...good hunting to us.

Yea, that's me. I'm hoping to get out and do some more videos with the V3i and the Ultimate coil. Thank you for the compliment, and good luck!

That's a good idea. I'll put that on my to do list.