Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13 inch detech vs D2

If anyone has compared the 13" ultimate to the 12" x 10" SEF I would like your impressions. Especially if you worked them over a test plot. Not sure if I would be gaining anything with the 13" over my SEF.
HH - Bruce

All I can say is I LOVE my ultimate 13" DD coil.
I took off my 6x8 sef and haven't looked back.
Light , balance is excellent, Great depth & once you set the recovery/delay @ about 95+
I wish I could upload pictures of the pocket spill I found in one of my neighbors lawn last week
1-1951 silver Quarter 2-1967 Quarters and a 1-1952 Nickel.
The flap I cut was 6" across but I knew from the target separate I had a solid 82 on one and then it hit 88 in the same swing
Just 2" apart at 8+" on both.
I have been over these lawns for the last 10 years with XLT,DFX & MXT-Pro
The V3i ROCKS Period
My whole point is if you get the recovery/delay set to the coil and your speed of hunting
Then you to will love it.:whites:

Ytcoinshooter said:
If anyone has compared the 13" ultimate to the 12" x 10" SEF I would like your impressions. Especially if you worked them over a test plot. Not sure if I would be gaining anything with the 13" over my SEF.
HH - Bruce

I have both and find the 13" Ultimate to be a bit deeper, by maybe a half of an inch. However, I also find that the 12x10 SEF separates a little better. I usually end up using the 12x10 SEF because I feel the separation advantage is a little more important than absolute depth. That said, the 13" is the one to go for when looking for max depth, say after you've already cleaned up a site with all your other coils and you think there are still some really deep targets left. Both are really great coils. Kudos to White's for offering the 13" Ultimate.

Carolina Coin Hunter, glad you are still liking that V3i! :thumbup: And thanks for all the great videos!

Howdy bubbadirect--

I used the 13" Detech on my last relic hunt and found it to run smooth with no EMI problems. I was operating with 3 frequency, with sensitivities of 11, 65, 85 with RD at 90. I got excellent depth in open ground: dug a spent percussion cap at 8". However, if I bumped mesquite or a cactus it would "talk" to me. That's to be expected, though, with high sensitivity settings. If you need depth, the 13" Ultimate will deliver. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Wayfarer - thank you!

many like this coil.
It is from Ukraine. Here 12 ". Very strong body.
This coil gives greater depth. You can quickly swing.

Here's a video on youtube :
12 Deep coil for White's Spectra V3i test in the ground 65 cm

Good feedback here, thanks!
I ordered the ultimate yesterday and it's on the way to me. I use the V3i to go after deep targets after I've run a couple of other units over a productive spot. I think I will also like the ultimate for farm fields, where coverage matters.
HH - Bruce

Ytcoinshooter, the best thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE on the ultimate coil, it its' SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT!

bubba

Ytcoinshooter said:
I ordered the ultimate yesterday and it's on the way to me. I use the V3i to go after deep targets after I've run a couple of other units over a productive spot. I think I will also like the ultimate for farm fields, where coverage matters.
HH - Bruce

OUTSTANDING information BLIND SQUIRREL!

bubba

bubbadirect said:
Ytcoinshooter, the best thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE on the ultimate coil, it its' SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT!

bubba
The light weight is a huge thing when coil sizes start increasing. I have always been a Whites :usaflag: guy first. The V is an outstanding unit with patience and understanding gained from experience. The V is my flagship, my other land units are important to me as "role players" so I'm usually out with 2 or 3 different brands in my vehicle.
This Ultimate coil should be fun and I'll report back once I get some time in the field with it.
Thank you all for posting honest impressions.
HH - Bruce

Ytcoinshooter said:
HH - Bruce