Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13" Ultimate coil, are any of you

Bowie

still using this coil? Ive had pretty good luck with the Pro;but, you know how it is, always wondering if the grass is greener on the other side,lol.
If you have/do, would you mind giving me your take on it, is it worth the purchase.
Im wanting another coil. I only have the Pro and 8 inch Sunray and dunno if I should go for the Ultimate or a small 5 or 6 inch coil. I hear those small accelrator eq2s are the best small coils.
Thanks,
John

I have the Ultimate coil. It was the second best extra coil I purchased after the X-5. Check the earlier post I had on my first time out with it. My last time out at the old church grounds I thoroughly went over an area with the Pro coil that had produced a couple of coins. I then put on the Ultimate and and after about 5 minutes received a very weak signal that jumped from FE 5-12 and CO 9-14 and every number in between. The ground was bone dry and the digging hard. I dug about 8 inches with no signal from my X-1 probe. I gave up and kept hunting. I wasn't satisfied before I left and came back to the same spot. I took out he 8 inches of dirt and dug a little deeper. I got a signal with the probe. At 12 inches I dug my first shield nickel after 30 plus years of detecting. The coil has its place. Lower trash areas and large areas you want to cover. I would never think of getting rid of it.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1763125,1763125#msg-1763125

I just got the 13" Ultimate coil yesterday for Christmas from my wife. I took it out for a test run & I found a .58 cal. CW Minie at 8" and a very crusty Indian Head at about 6". It locked on the targets very nicely, seperated the trash and pinpointed great. I read a lot of reviews that said it works as well as the stock coil with 1" to 2" of extra depth and you can run the sensitivity a little hotter. I think it will make a great coil to use. I also have the Sunray X-5 and the first day I used it I found a silver dime with a nail in the same hole, close to an old house foundation that I had missed with other coils, and it sounded off perfectly with the X5. I have the 8X6 & the 12X10 SEF coils and I like them too. I hope the Ultimate coil can replace the 12X10 because it's heavier. I don't think you will be disappointed with either the Ultimate or the X5. I have not used the eq2s but it seems to be a great coil from what I have read.