Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13" Ultimate coil on its way! Guaranteed black!

lespaul

Just ordered from Kellyco. I wanted them to know that I would only accept black. Well what do you know the last black one is available and $10 off today. Sold! It will be here next week. Using this coil with my RNB battery should be a good combination!

Used it all year last year, same combo...really enjoyed it. You will see some depth increase over your stock coil. Congrats

LittleJohn

Just got mine yesterday and it was black. I had a white one last year but I dout the black color will make it work any better.
:cheers:

Jeff in Pa said:
Just got mine yesterday and it was black. I had a white one last year but I dout the black color will make it work any better.
:cheers:

But who are we kidding, it just looks better, so it will defaultly work better :)

I got mine in today and it is a black one. I tried it in a open field behind my house a few minutes before a thunderstorm arrived. The etrac got up to 29 in semi-auto and I found a very small pistol bullet at about 7 inches. It was modern but I was impressed with the signal I got on such a small target with the larger coil. It is feels about the same weight as the pro coil to me. I think I am really going to like this coil.

I think i read about detector coil company changing from black coils to a different colour because black absorbs heat from the sun causing a loss of performance.

Interesting about black coil causing lack of performance. Ive not heard that. All my Minelab coils have been black. But with the new technology it just might be true. I never owned an explorer.

lespaul said:
Interesting about black coil causing lack of performance. Ive not heard that. All my Minelab coils have been black. But with the new technology it just might be true. I never owned an explorer.
It was nel coils that had the write up about this, they have change to grey coils not sure how much difference that would make

Black holds heat. A hotter coil loses something. Not sure what but the engineers have said that for a while. My white coils are always cool to the touch where my black ones will get hot.

Maybe a warmer coil will work better. I'm moving it so much i dont think it will have time to get hot. Lol