Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

136 year old lady.......Seated and My first

Gold Nuggets

Went hunting in Eugene/ Springfield today as it was beautiful weather and I got MOST of the things done that I had planned to do.
The spot I hunted was one that has produced nice coins in the past but has been hunted pretty hard. I figured I would probably find
some clad, wheats and maybe a silver or two. Well, as luck would have it.....I found plenty of clad......8 wheat cents and one silver
dime..... a 1873-s Standing Liberty Dime. This is my first standing anything, my first silver that is 1800's and it was my very first target
of the day. She may be worn but she is BEAUTIFUL to me. Thanks for looking.......

Great find!!! Its not a Standing Liberty but a Seated Liberty, I have yet to find on for myself, BIGTIME CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Congratulations my friend :thumbup: Now that you have broken the barrier,, You will find many more... She is a Beauty!! Better condition than the last one i found!
Keep up the good work man!!!

I remember my first seated dime. I actually had a harder time finding a Barber dime. Anyway, when I saw yours it made me think of mine. Check it out they are twins. The other tiny coin was found the same day at the same site in 1999.
Nice find and HH - BF

It is still a beauty... Anything old coins I find I put them in a coin cover and put it in my book. (not for sale, collection only)

n/t

That is a priceless find for you...and to me...it l@@ks MINT:thumbup:
Thanks for posting it and good luck on your next hunt.

Seated anything is always fun to find, even well worn ones. I'd be working that site to death since there could be others. Congrats on your first Seated Coin and the first Silver that was pre-1900. Terrific Hunt!:super: Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:thumbup:

Thanks for all the replies..... I was (and still am) excited when I typed the post and called her standing instead of seated.
I never thought I could get that "shook" over a coin, but believe me......I did. The happy dance was in full swing!!! GN

Way to go Gold!! there is nothing like the site of that first seated lady. More beautiful then Miss America:thumbup:

Congrats

Found my first seated this month also and I just about passed out. It is indescribable to people who don't detect the feeling of finding a first anything, When I showed my wife the seated I found she just said cool. but even though it was only worth a few dollars It was priceless to me. Congrats!!!!

You are right Richard, the condition doesn't matter on your first Seated............she a beauty and congratulations...........:clapping: