Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

14 cents including a first for me

utmike

My wife and I just returned home from a road trip through Idaho Wyoming and Montana.
We got on two permissions for short hunts. The key date 31S wheat is hers found with her Racer 2. I was very fortunate to get my first Two Center using the Nox 800. A little rough but I'll take it!

About a dozen other wheaties and a handful of clad were also dug.

Attachments

• 20210922_154150.jpg
    20210922_154150.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • 20210922_154118.jpg
    20210922_154118.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
Considering how shield nickels come out of the ground for me, yours is in great condition! Congrats on making some super nice finds !

2c is one of those things I hope to find someday. Do you think it could have been part of the Oregon Trail????

2c is one of those things I hope to find someday. Do you think it could have been part of the Oregon Trail????
I was pretty far north of the Oregon trail. There used to be a 1914 house on the property which explains the merc, but the area saw a lot of mining, railroad, and military activity going back to the 1870's. The 2 cent was definitely out of place for the homesite but a road near the back probably was used in the 1880's.
The 31s and Indian came from our 2nd permission on the Utah/Idaho border.

My wife and I just returned home from a road trip through Idaho Wyoming and Montana.
We got on two permissions for short hunts. The key date 31S wheat is hers found with her Racer 2. I was very fortunate to get my first Two Center using the Nox 800. A little rough but I'll take it!

About a dozen other wheaties and a handful of clad were also dug.
I got my first 2 cent coin a few months ago I never knew they even made them till I found mine it was a 1864 also