Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

14 Wheat

daddyflea

Went to a secluded old Farm House and only found One Penny but it seems it is one of the rare 1914s. I can not see a Mint Mark so I am betting it is not the 1914D which is the most rare. The Back is almost smooth. It was at least 8" down and found it with the Etrac using a Sunray 8" coil.

2ynq61t.jpg

2eanzhh.jpg

You are there and I am here looking at the picture and it looks more like a 1947 to me.

Just my thought.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
You are there and I am here looking at the picture and it looks more like a 1947 to me.

Just my thought.

Ron in WV

You were correct I scanned the wrong Penny first time. It is correct now.

That's better, :lol:

Tony N (Michigan) said:
How cold was it when you found it? That's a nice find!

Here in Texas our Season for hunting is Winter because the grass falls down and the ground is usually damp. In Summer it is over a 100 degrees and the ground is like Concrete not to mention the tall grass. The day I found this, I was hunting without a Jacket.

Interesting take on the difference in weather. So how long is your hunting season out there? Here in West Virginia our hunting stops about mid November and starts back up the first of March. Around July and August we get cooked out with the dry ground. So all in all we get to hunt about 7 to 7.5 months a year. Then if you take into consideration the honey do jobs, we get about 5 days of detecting a year. LOL

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
Interesting take on the difference in weather. So how long is your hunting season out there? Here in West Virginia our hunting stops about mid November and starts back up the first of March. Around July and August we get cooked out with the dry ground. So all in all we get to hunt about 7 to 7.5 months a year. Then if you take into consideration the honey do jobs, we get about 5 days of detecting a year. LOL

Ron in WV

If you can stand the heat we can hunt year round but June through September the ground is really hard so we wait for a rain.