Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

14 x 10 loop

When will we have a V3 nulled 14" DD "Daddy" coil for the V3 as it was my favourite on the DFX.

Hello Toddy,
You would need a swingy thingy on that one.

I have been using the 10x14 excellerator coil that I used on my DFX with great results.Has been pulling targets at 10 -15 inches loud and clear using the deep silver mode.Have not been able to use much more than a 7 on RX. No TX.The only other mods is modulation off,and the tones have been changed. You need fairly clean ground also.Happy hunting, Yazoo

Thanks Yazoo, I tried the 12 x 10 SEF and had to turn everything down far too much for it to be of any gain. I am hesitant to buy a NON V3 coil that uses all the wrong freqs. I have no probs with the weight I used a Minelab for years with large coils.

Hey Toddy. I've heard that you guys have a lot of iron to weave through. Are there plenty of sites to use that nice big coil?

This is not my program, however I love it... works GREAT
It is a custom program made for the 10x12SEF from a fella named Jack also known as Cybersage from another forum...
Work your sweep very slow...

Choose the "Coin & Jewelry" from the presets and make the following changes...

Discrimination
Accept (-95,-94,-93, +40 to +95)
Reject (-92 to +39)

Notes: Set your accept range to include all + numbers (+1 to +95) if you want to include the gold range. Deep Nickels and larger gold items will still sound off with the above settings. This will make things much noisier as well. Remember this program is primarily for hunting old deep coins.

Sensitivity
Rx Gain (9)
Discrimination (92)
All Metal (7:geek:

Notes: Set your sensitivity to where your detector is stable. Do not sacrifice Discrimination sensitivity for Rx Gain. Keep the Discrimination sensitivity as high as possible.

Ground Tracking
Speed (15)

Frequency
Correlate (ON)
Span (43)
Wrap (-93)

Notes: I have now included -94 and -93 on the wrap and opened up the span setting to smooth out deep target responses.

Filter & Speed
Ground Filter (5Hz Band Pass)
Recovery Delay (115)

Audio
Tone ID (ON)
Modulation (OFF)

Set your "Tone ID Mode" to "Custom "and make the following changes...

-95 = 255
-94 = 254
-93 = 253

Notes: This last adjustment on the audio will let a deep coin produce a nice rolling response as opposed to being sharp and cut off. Hot rocks and rusty nail tips remain sharp and cut off while coins sound smooth and roll in the decay of the generated tone. This really works well.

Thanks to you and Jack for sharing. This is what we need more of, is personal tips.

The reason for the -93 -94 -95 accept is for wrap around... deep siilver will wrap around to these VDI's ...
I cannot express how much you need to SLOW DOWN YOUR SWEEP with this program... This program is a DEEP SCAN COIN program, Works GREAT but ya got to work it SLOW !

Hi NW

On certain sites there is a lot of Iron but for cleanish sites I much prefere DD over Conecentric

Hi Captain

I am sorry to be negative but i only use my own settings. I personally do not think the SEF coils for the DFX are 100% compatable with the V3 how can they be if they are made for the DFX, MXT.

I have to agree with you on that Toddy. I like the 10X12 and D2 when I can use them, otherwise the 950 and 5.3 works good in the iron.

Toddy from Scotland said:
Hi Captain

I am sorry to be negative but i only use my own settings. I personally do not think the SEF coils for the DFX are 100% compatable with the V3 how can they be if they are made for the DFX, MXT.

The SEF may not be "100%" compatible.. never said it was. If you try TX boost it has a tendency to overload. What I do know is this, in my soil if you want to reach down a little deeper than the DD that comes with the V3 the SEF with the program I listed above works.. and works WELL. you just have to sweep slow.
Hey, whatever works for you...
I'm just telling folks what works for me.....

I just want to comment that I like my 10DD coil. I also want to comment that I love my 10 X 14DD coil. As far as how the weight difference goes> I would push a cement block ahead of me if I'm finding goodies.