Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" coil with vs without the update testing?

Hi all...

I was wondering if anyone has seen any testing of the 15" coil with vs without the update?

Background is that I have the 15" coil and with the update, the Eq 800 definitely feels different to the 11" coil with or without the update. The 11" hits small stuff either with or without but you seem to lose the ability to see the small stuff with the 15". I am thinking of downgrading to original software to see if the 15" coil regains its composure detecting the smaller stuff. btw I consider smaller stuff as items that are smaller to coins. The 11" coil was hitting really small stuff but I seemed to have lost that with the larger coil. Note I am primarily a salty beach hunter.

thanks in advance...Keith

Keith......just do it and see. I never let someone else tell me what my equipment is doing...... because im a big part of that equation. But... most larger coils loose a bit sensitivity to smaller targets...... thats the trade off for depth and coverage. Some by the time you have to turn them down arent much better than the standard in or near the water. A lot of people wont miss the TINY HIGH CONDUCTORS the standard coil picks up....... they even complain about it. IF the larger coil were giving them 4 or 5 more inches on deep gold most wouldnt care about the tiny gold ..... or high conductor missed. They seem to want to find the BIG gold. Id say if you notice a difference........ youd notice that same difference on the standard.

Thanks Dew. I was finding such small conductors near or in the water with the 11" that I found it rather enjoyable and found a few gold/silver pieces. The depth difference of the 15" is so variable and since it is harder to pinpoint, I always felt that I was missing targets with the 15" on the salty beach. Then again I had great days with it in regards to coins so there are definitely trade offs.