Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" Coil

usmctop

So does the 15 inch coil perform go enough deeper to warrant the $239 cost?

That will depend entirely on the user.

Some people will use the big coil to cover more ground faster. Time = $$$
Some people will use the big coil to search for big objects buried deeper.

If you are trying to justify the cost as a return on investment, you are looking at it wrong. This is a hobby and people need to use the tools to get the most joy FOR THEM.

USMCtop,

I like mine plenty. Coupled with the machine software, they are a great pair to have.

Tony

The cost comes out to about 213 Mecury dimes at today's silver price so it seem pretty expensive looking at it that way. Another way to look at it is, that just finding one gold ring with it at the beach and it's paid for. I held off because I figured I'd never find that much silver in my remaining days but I'm heading to the beach in a few days so my 15" will get put to work. :detecting:

not really looking for a return on investment; just curious if it performs well. I mostly relic hunt and of course I don't sell any of my finds. Most items I look for aren't big and usually not too deep although I did dig a canteen at just over a foot deep once. I've just had my Equinox a couple of weeks now and I am really enjoying it and just wondered if folks had good results with the bigger coil.

I have the 15 and I just don't use it. The Equinox is coil heavy to begin with. If I could make a counter weight of some sort then I might try it on the beach. Until then the stock coil gets the work.

Well, I ordered one and it should be here Saturday and I will be trying it out Sunday. Prior to getting the Equinox, I had been swinging the AT Pro with the CORS 14.5 inch coil and was managing that. The nox is slightly lighter. I have been hunting in a hay field and the grass is starting to grow and I thought the bigger coil might compensate for not being able to get as close to the ground.

usmctop said:
So does the 15 inch coil perform go enough deeper to warrant the $239 cost?

ABSOLUTELY NOT ! !

Matt

Tom Slick said:
The cost comes out to about 213 Mecury dimes at today's silver price so it seem pretty expensive looking at it that way. Another way to look at it is, that just finding one gold ring with it at the beach and it's paid for. I held off because I figured I'd never find that much silver in my remaining days but I'm heading to the beach in a few days so my 15" will get put to work. :detecting:
That's a good way to look at it or find the gold ring first then sell it then buy new coil...Me personally I would never buy one I find plenty with the stock.

Oh the beauty of living in a free country! Enjoy it while it lasts. You got the money and the desire, buy it. You don’t then don’t. I’m happy enough with mine and the 6 incher even though I can only use one at a time...

USMCtop, I have had mine for about two months now and love it. I feel it was worth the investment.

Tony NJ

OK, many of you to like it but how how much deeper are getting with it? I know everybody's results are different but I would hear how YOUR SPECIFIC results are regardless of what my conditions are in my location.

I watched a utube video called ... rolling in the gold...Its a 31 minute video , but you can skip to 28:30 to see the results of the hunt. The video made me a believer in the power of the 15 inch coil.
Matt KD3VJ

Received the 15 inch coil Saturday and took it out for a hunt on Sunday. Had great results. I am hunting a hayfield and the grass is getting pretty clumpy and tall so I think it may have helped with depth. It is a little heavier, but only a little bit; not too bad at all.

Very nice Ron, I guess we know the answer to your question. That infantry Button is in great shape!
Jeff

I have a 11" coil and 17" coil on my machine (CTX). Comparing the 2 on the beach, with other things being equal, I found 11% more coins/hr w the 17" coil than 11" coil (analyzing about 4500 coins). The main reason for buying a larger coil is to cover more ground w the same footsteps; An important point when the average detectorist misses over 50% of the ground area right in front of them (mainly because they walk faster than their coil can cover. And I won't even mention the pendulum swing.). So a larger coil goes deeper by a few inches but you spend 2x more time retrieving the same type of target you usually dig, including trash. Is it worth it? Perhaps in sand but under most ground conditions?:shrug:

I got the 15” coil and did a few beach hunts with it. It wasn’t as good as the stock coil in the rock piles. Also I think I had the sensitivity too high, it was giving me a lot of noise. Where I think it will shine is on big flat wet sand with sparse targets.