Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" Coiltek coil first hunt.

Dan(NM)

I took the 15" Coilek out for the first time this morning to the spot at the lake I've been hunting for the last 14 months. I will say, I was a little concerned because of the first couple of reviews about the coil. I had to remind myself that soil conditions, settings, modes and time on the machine decide how well a coil will perform, not test gardens, no offense to anyone.

I set the Nox up as follows.....

Park 1

Recovery speed - 3

Iron Bias F2-0

GB-0, I did a manual GB and it GB'd at 4, so I decided to run it at 0

Sen. 23, EMI isn't factor out here until I get closer to the main entrance.

2-Tones

Tone break set at -2 , no disc

Iron tone set at 3, volume at 3 as well.

I have bursitis, so I hooked up my bungy, I use Doc's Swingy Thingy and started swinging away. I started hitting the usual stuff, pull tabs, bottle caps, etc. I focused on the low conductive numbers just to see if the 15" coil would hit the small stuff like the 11" coil. After the first 2 hours I was pretty satisfied with the coils ability to hit some pretty small stuff, on par with 11"

The soil here is very mild, I'm not so sure it would perform as well with the small stuff if the soil was pretty hot, but here, it nailed some smaller targets with no problem. All the items in the picture came in at 10 or below. The target that sealed the deal for me was the brass bead, the one on the stud of the earring, about the size of a BB. It was hitting small pieces of foil in the 1-2 VDI range with no problem.

Both of the earrings hit at 10, about 3" deep. It will hit coins on edge with no problem, I dug 2 zinc's standing straight up and down.

The numbers appear to match the 11", I didn't see any noticeable difference between either coil's IDing.

I will be taking the coil to an old park tomorrow that I was able to hit some 8-9" wheats and silver with the CTX and the Nox with the 11" coil, last year. I quit hitting the spot when the finds completely dried up. EMI is an issue because I'm surrounded by power lines on 2 sides, I will post my finds, or lack of, tomorrow evening.

I've used Coiltek coils on the Explorer and Etrac and was satisfied with the performance, that's why I jumped on board as fast as I did. If you have a question about the coil, let me know, I'll try to answer it.

Attachments

• total finds.jpg
    total finds.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 131
  • bead.jpg
    bead.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
  • equipment.jpg
    equipment.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 127
  • lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 125
Dan, it looks like you are off to a good start with the 15' Coilteck. Continued Success to you, and nice review.
Thank you.....Today was primarily to test the 15" coil's sensitivity to small, low conductive targets. In my mind, it passed the test compared to the 11" given it's size. Tomorrow will be the depth test on coins.

I took the 15" Coilek out for the first time this morning to the spot at the lake I've been hunting for the last 14 months. I will say, I was a little concerned because of the first couple of reviews about the coil. I had to remind myself that soil conditions, settings, modes and time on the machine decide how well a coil will perform, not test gardens, no offense to anyone.

Park 1

Recovery speed - 3

Iron Bias F2-0

2-Tones

I have bursitis, so I hooked up my bungy, I use Doc's Swingy Thingy and started swinging away. I started hitting the usual stuff, pull tabs, bottle caps, etc. I focused on the low conductive numbers just to see if the 15" coil would hit the small stuff like the 11" coil. After the first 2 hours I was pretty satisfied with the coils ability to hit some pretty small stuff, on par with 11"

The soil here is very mild, I'm not so sure it would perform as well with the small stuff if the soil was pretty hot, but here, it nailed some smaller targets with no problem. All the items in the picture came in at 10 or below. The target that sealed the deal for me was the brass bead, the one on the stud of the earring, about the size of a BB. It was hitting small pieces of foil in the 1-2 VDI range with no problem.

Both of the earrings hit at 10, about 3" deep. It will hit coins on edge with no problem, I dug 2 zinc's standing straight up and down.

The numbers appear to match the 11", I didn't see any noticeable difference between either coil's IDing.

I will be taking the coil to an old park tomorrow that I was able to hit some 8-9" wheats and silver with the CTX and the Nox with the 11" coil, last year. I quit hitting the spot when the finds completely dried up. EMI is an issue because I'm surrounded by power lines on 2 sides, I will post my finds, or lack of, tomorrow evening.

I've used Coiltek coils on the Explorer and Etrac and was satisfied with the performance, that's why I jumped on board as fast as I did. If you have a question about the coil, let me know, I'll try to answer it.
Thanks for your very detailed review.
Best of luck tomorrow
Tony

Thanks BT, I’m on the list but the dealer has gone dark. So anything more you find out will help us all.

Looking forward to the update. HH

Park 1

Recovery speed - 3

Iron Bias F2-0

2-Tones

Do you have the 15" minelab?
I'm wondering if the coiltek is deeper or has any advantages over the minelab.
Thanks

Very interested to see your result on the coin hunting as I have dug wheats and indians 9 -12 inches deep with the 11 inch coil as the dirt here is very nice and black and has little to no mineral issues. Thought about ordering the coil but will wait to see your results tomorrow on the deep coin hunting as I truly believe the 11 inch coil is the king. Will be watching with great interest.

Thanks for the video.
I'm going to watch it a few more times but it looks like the coiltek has an advantage as far as depth.
Yes there's not much in it to be honest. You have to consider if the extra weight and cost is worth it over the ML15" coil.
On larger relics it's a better coil.

Yes there's not much in it to be honest. You have to consider if the extra weight and cost is worth it over the ML15" coil.
On larger relics it's a better coil.
Thank you. That's what I was thinking. I have the minelab 15 so I think I'll just stick with it. I really appreciate the information.

Park 1

Recovery speed - 3

Iron Bias F2-0

2-Tones

Dan, were you able to do further testing with the Coiltek coil?
Tony