Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" coiltek on it's all way.

In this video at the 13:00-14:30 mark, what you are saying is definitely explained, but he says the 10x5 could be a tad deeper than the 6”. Obviously there are a lot of variables, but unless he’s just trying make the 10x5 not sound bad in comparison, I will at least take equal depth. I’m definitely not technical so I usually have to go by what people try to explain, but when people say different things it gets confusing

Last edited:
I, for one, am very satisfied with the 15" Minelab coil that I drag through the surf for 5 hrs at a time. But I do have to remember that when the surf is 2 ft or more switch to the 11" coil. I find about 11% more with the larger 15" vs 11"coil, mostly due to more and better ground coverage. In my environment, Sensitivity varies little between the 11" and 15" coils (about 20-23).
The shaft is another story. I just ordered a carbon fiber shaft from Steve's. The 3 part stock shaft isn't made for a 15" coil in the surf (or if you swing it like a crazy person on land!).
Also, after 23 months, my nox 800 pod/control unit drowned in a few feet of water and I just received a brand new 800 replacement pod from Minelab (in only 1 week turn around time!). Luckily the nox 800 has a 3 year warranty.

Now about the padding falling off the arm cuff...

I've got a Nox 600 and replaced it twice under warranty. 1st time acted weird after 1 year. Last time after 9 months the water seal gave way. Still under warranty till September. Only use the 6' coil since I got the machine. Used the 11" for a while but when I received the 6" it seemed I got as much depth with it as the 11". I use 600 in lakes and streams a lot also. I'm hoping the 10x6" does as good a job as the Minelab 6". Still waiting for my Coiltek coil.

15 expected Tuesday