Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1652 Pine Tree NOE29 & 1664 Potosi Mint Cob

napascores said:
Congratulations. I have never heard of either of those coins, thank you for the education. It looks like the pine tree could fetch quite a big dollar amount, what would you value it at? Thanks!
Well that's not as easy a question as it seems. I've been in contact with a few of the best colonial coin guys in the business. First off when it comes to the Mass silvers in an auction setting they normally go a bit higher than the book values. I've seen some in similar condition that have gone between $4000-$7000. I guess it just depends who's in the room on a certain day and how badly they want it. The other thing to take into account is that mine is holed. Luckily it's a pretty nice neat hole that's small and colonial coinage isn't affected as much by the hole as more modern coinage. So after all that rambling it's hard to nail it down but likely between $1500-$3000. But this one stays with me for the rest of my life. If I ever am lucky enough to find a New England shilling that's worth $100,000 that might be hard to hang on to lol

A huge congrats on finding any 1600's dated coin - it's also been my # 1 goal for a long time ! :beers: