Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1700s farm with horses

airscapes

Found a couple of items I would like help identifiying
First is brass or copper no threads.. thought maybe part of a gas light but google showed nothing like it.

The second item I feel like I have seen before but do not know what it is for. I a guessing it get sandwiched between 2 pieces of leather with the pin sticking out to hook a strap to ?

Looks like a trumpet mouth piece.

So these roof tacks, which I assume hold on the tar paper down did not have pointed ends? I have 3 of these and after the 3rd stopped picking them up as they all around the back of the barn on the surface. They are also all bent in the same fashion, now where they driven in, slap hammer type tool? Got a real name, can not fine an image on-line so far.

I did have an image but can't find it now. I will find it for you. I'm not sure exactly how they were used but the article told.

How were they used? They are all bet approximately the same and they have no point. Not many tacks or nails have blunt flat tips. I am interested in know how these worked as they seem WAY to small to hold on slate and to blunt to be driven in to hold tar paper. It was also suggested they were used in asbestos siding which makes mire sense, just not sure how as that siding was nailed on..
I am sure these are construction related at this point, but still looking for the "How do they work" and a name that will return a similar image from google.

As far as the mouth piece , I have not talked with the home owner since I was there, but here son is a jazz musician, so at this point I am going to assume this was his or a friends and not something really old.. But will certainly show her and ask.