Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1780's Nova Constellatio

GKMan

Hi Folks
Hope everyone is doing well. I have been detecting quite a bit and doing alright but not posting. Today I found a Nova Constellatio in one of the fields I have been detecting. Obverse is toast but reverse isn't terrible. I found it only a few feet from a clad dime. I am glad I didn't get lazy thinking it was just another clad coin and end up dinging it. It was about four inches down, right in the middle of the road I have been driving up and down through the field.
Happy Hunting.
[attachment 347736 NovaConstellatioReverse.jpg][attachment 347737 20155798_10210392513551598_4393272043819285509_n.jpg]

Correction on post.. a friend of mine who is an eagle eyed coin ID experts says this very well may be a 1785 or 6 Vermont Landscape Copper. The reverses do look very much alike, but there was just enough detail to say it probably was one and not the other. Sorry about the confusion.

Way more better than a clad - haha. Nice find and welcome back from your posting break.

I see your farmers use a lot of fertilizer too! Shame those old coppersvtake it so hard. Awesome that it had enough for ID though. Always happy bout that,
Good snag though! Surprized the field isnt under crop right now. Your lucky!

Thanks guys. It isn't a working farm.. They brush hogged some fields and are logging some of it. I pulled out a handful of nice King George's I will have to post from the same fields.

Hummmm Not dead. Good to know. Nice one gary