Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1793 or 1795? Liberty cap large cent!

Mark kus

What a afternoon well Dad and I started off in a old field in town which is open space anyone can use it,
I hit a 1944 merc quickly then an ox knob lots of nails junk when a older couple came over to us to talk and
They said they thought we were a father and son who stops to detect the field and they both found some coppers
Old buttons to.
Wel long story short they invited me to their house right across the street mid 1700’s beautiful house!
Which they said “it’s been hunted “ lol I like a challenge and so I walked up the hill that was behind the house flanked by a stone wall.
Well my first great signal a 30-31 and running park 2 sensitivity 20 they were excited watching me I said I have a great signal they came
Over as I dug out a plug saw the green copper stain wow! I have a copper they asked what it was all I could make out was
The capped head facing right so I knew it was 1700’s copper!
Turns out to be a either 1793 or 1795 liberty cap my oldest US copper they also invited me to come back anytime believe me I will be scouring
That property and surrounding woods they own over 30 acres also found a musket ball some modern bullets!
HH..

Big money in any condition if it is 1793 cent. Nice find for sure!

Great score.. i found 2 of them years ago at two different spots one week apart and never found another one... should be engraved on the outer edge.... congrats on an awesome find..

Thanks guys I could not believe it was my first hit in their back yard it feels like it has a reeded edge to

Very nice find. Good for you

floodplaindetector said:
Outstanding find! Well done and good story also.

Dave
Thanks Dave you get your Large cent?

Nope, that 1821-1840 3 Pfennig is as old as I got this year up here.
Think I need to take a long road trip to your area ;)

Mkus said:

Dave

floodplaindetector said:
Nope, that 1821-1840 3 Pfennig is as old as I got this year up here.
Think I need to take a long road trip to your area ;)

Dave
Yeah I pulled a 1835 and this one this week!

PryorCreekJoe said:
Congrats on the old copper. Looks like it came out of good soil to have lasted this long.
Thanks the back is a little worn figured it is a 1795 with a little olive oil..

Very nice find! I got 2 of the same variety in the last few weeks,they are always welcome in my pouch!.Im pretty sure one of them is 1801 the other is pretty toasted and not sure if it will give up a date or not i havent messed with it yet,HH Mole

pghmole said:
Very nice find! I got 2 of the same variety in the last few weeks,they are always welcome in my pouch!.Im pretty sure one of them is 1801 the other is pretty toasted and not sure if it will give up a date or not i havent messed with it yet,HH Mole
Try putting olive oil on it what I did was able to get a date

Mkus said:
Try putting olive oil on it what I did was able to get a date
Thanks ill have to give it a try but im not too hopeful though the one is pretty toasty