Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1796 large cent

650DJ

THIS GREAT FIND WAS FROM THE END OF LAST SEASON AROUND NOVEMBER...ABOUT 11 DOWN AND IT RANG KINDA FUNNY...ABOUT 58-64 BUT SOLID SO I DUG AND HAPPY DAYS...JOEYD

That cleaned up very well and a very nice find Joey.

THE BIGGEST THING THAT BOTHERED ME WAS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IT GRADED...THE PLACE I SENT IT TO SAID IT WAS GENUINE AND ENVIR. DAMAGED...DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD PLACE TO SEND...THANKS...JOEYD

I think you will get the same answer no matter where you send it. Most copper is environmentally damaged when they come out of the ground.

650DJ said:
THE BIGGEST THING THAT BOTHERED ME WAS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IT GRADED...THE PLACE I SENT IT TO SAID IT WAS GENUINE AND ENVIR. DAMAGED...DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD PLACE TO SEND...THANKS...JOEYD

Of course its damaged, its been in the ground for 200 years..... If they cant grade it and slab it then they are stealing your money. Nice find and you should grade it yourself, whats it worth to you?

I would not grade any dug old copper unless it was a very rare variety. 99% of the time you will disappointed. I am even hesitant to have my Flowing Hair Half Dime graded. The detail is AU, but I have a feeling they will grade it damaged with AU details. And the cost? The estimate to get it "conserved and slabbed" is $700!!! No thanks!

Awesome coin, congrats and thanks for sharing!