Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1800’s pocket spill surprise!! Dime trifecta!!!

Mark kus

I’ve been hunting the same hotel area and very close to the same area I found the barber half last sat and two gold rings this past summer.
I had a solid hit but not a high tone.
So I cut a plug and checked it nothing still in the hole about 6-7” down I removed a scoop and dumped it when I saw what looked like a nickel?
Well I was right a 1897 V nickel! Then I noticed it was stuck to a Indian head penny!!! Wow! 1888 as I picked it up it fell and split apart!
then I saw silver!!! Wow! A beautiful 1897 barber dime!!!
My first 1800’s spill I could not believe it well I kept detecting hoping for more well I hit a silver Rosie next 1946 a 1956 also a 1903 indian a wheat penny then a nice high tone turned out to be a 1944 Washington!
great two hour hunt as I was moving slowly in a new area I had a 26-27 another silver dime?
Yep a 1944 mercury! So I also had a dime trifecta!
Today we went back and I found one wheat some clad and a nice cuff button which say POD railway mail service on it.
8DD596B3-A088-449E-B003-C726F9F116D0.jpeg
47F2794C-A962-48E1-B551-2705477C7E18.jpeg
3AE2C93E-71D0-4358-92B3-AA39B591C26B.jpeg
5B118C1F-968C-4FF9-9706-DD01E770641E.png
DFFAB3B3-EB03-4203-A2C3-C2A85B5D4827.jpeg

Using field 2 recovery 4 Ground balanced my detector iron 0
HH
Mark

Last edited:
Great finds....the spill , wow !
GUESS you just got lucky and put your coil over them huh ?
Sometimes luck has nothing to do with it. You are very skilled with that nox !
Thanks for the post...made my day too !
you posted your settings....are you getting a lot of people asking for them ????.....I did !
Keep "em coming !

Thanks Elmy the settings I use work well here in Ct where I hunt I did GB my detector last few times in this field see if it would help me pull some more coins not sure but I’ll take the results lol ..
Hope you can get out and hit some good finds I love seeing all the great finds on the forums.
Mark

Our weather has us on hold here....wet and snow showers....windy and cold. We will wait it out and watch for more great finds on the forum !

I found out the POD button is post office delivery which changed to USPO .

Now that's what you call a great day - well done !

Thanks Robert,Etrac,Treble this spot has given up some very nice finds this small city really has been great !
Mark