Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1836 Love Token...Bath House Token!

Goldstrike

I mentioned in a post a few days ago (2 gold rings) that my friend and I had permission to detect an old home and grounds dating from early Victorian times. These tokens are just a few of the interesting items we found in the last few day's. We found a disused root cellar and found 2 little stashes of late 1800's silver dollars and Peace dollars and other small collection's of silver coins and tokens and still we are not done with this property! This proves to me again how valuable permissions are when you can get them!
P.s. a nice 1888 silver 3 cent piece!

Great finds, Goldstrike! And congratulations on the silver dollar cache and that nice looking 1888 3 cent nickel! that coin came out of the ground real nice. Continued good fortune and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Awesome finds.. 3 cent piece is crisp but has a strange tone to it...sounds like you are on a roll...congrats. .

Congrats on the killer finds !

bootyhoundpa said:
Awesome finds.. 3 cent piece is crisp but has a strange tone to it...sounds like you are on a roll...congrats. .

Bootyhoundpa--

My guess is that the 3 cent nickel was part of the "collection" that Goldstrike dug and was in some type of container. The color of that 3 cent nickel is typical of a circulated non-dug coin of that type. I've dug a couple 3 cent nickles and because of the nickel composition and size they VDI'd in the foil - .22 cal. brass ranges. Their color and surface conditions were similar to dug V or shield nickles. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel said:

Bootyhoundpa--

My guess is that the 3 cent nickel was part of the "collection" that Goldstrike dug and was in some type of container. The color of that 3 cent nickel is typical of a circulated non-dug coin of that type. I've dug a couple 3 cent nickles and because of the nickel composition and size they VDI'd in the foil - .22 cal. brass ranges. Their color and surface conditions were similar to dug V or shield nickles. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
gotcha...i thought it was silver.. nickle content ,makes sense.. thanks blind squirrel. .

It was a phenomenal hunt at this old property. Between us we found and detected 14 silver dollars and a number of silver dimes including Merc's, a number of Indian Cents and some worn down Nickles. Also some tokens. Not everything we detected are in the pic's. My buddy and I did some sharing and I think we got all that was to be gotten. Out of all that we detected and found (i.e. root cellar finds) even though it's not rare and worth much, I love the 1836 'love' token. I have never found one of those before. I will be forgetting the parks from now on and will be concentrating on permissions this year. BTW...we checked all the coins and there wasn't any key dates unfortunately. Happy and productive hunting to you all.
P.S. Thank you for all your kind comments!

Goldstrike, good too see such a successful hunt in your new location. .. ive never dug a single silver dollar yet.. that love token is very cool too, i just wished they had made it out of a seated instead of a bust coin, lol.. i might get out afew hrs saturday prior to expected snow... happy hunting. .. thanks for sharing. .