Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1846 1/4 real out in Old Ca with other goodies

1846 1/4 real out in Old Ca with other goodies
Hi All, I got to go hunt today for my holiday off. Beautiful weather here in Northern Ca today so it made for a fantastic day!!

I was invited by my friend to go hunt with him to a spot with some emigrant/goldrush history today and of course I jumped at the chance. Dan is a great guy and always a ton of fun to hunt with.

Any ways with in 20 minutes of being at this sight I got a horrible signal and almost passed it up but you have to dig these signals when there is so much iron at the sight. I dug down about 6 inches and pulled out a green round disc. I quickly gave it a swipe and I knew I had something old. Wasn't sure what it was but saw 1/4 on the back. Last month I saw someone post a 1/4 real and that was the first time I had seen one. Sure enough that is what I got.

I was very Happy to say the least!!

About 1/2 hr later I found a surface find of a really cool 1 piece button, If you have any clue please fill me in but it seems late 1700's to early 1800's It reads "Rich Orange" "373" "Gilt Colour"

I also grabbed a few older underwear buttons as well as a couple jean buttons One saying "SERVAL" and one a little newer with "lee union alls"

Lastly I found a 1915s wheat penny in really nice shape with only 4 million minted it is a lower minted penny

Awesome find's!! very collectible as well:thumbup:

Congrats on the great finds !

I guess I have to start reading my coin books again this Winter !
I didn't even know they made 1/4 Real's :rage:
Always thought the 1/2 Real was the smallest denomination !

Good Hunting !

Found some historical info. on your 1/4 Real - here's the link.

http://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins?main_coin=5010

Here is video of some of the hunt. In the first 5 you see the coin and flat button..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKWe6QqLbw

WOW! great find that is awesome. I live in Northern California myself (Orangevale) are you close? Hope to see you in the field someday. Good luck.

Digging those iffy targets paid off big time!
Thanks for keeping us entertained, we are froze up big time:clsoedeyes:

Nice finds and excellent photo's.

thanks for posting.

Rich