Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1850 virgin

kydigger

I have permission to to do whatever I want at this 1850's house.
I've only had a chance for a quick drive by.
From all appearances, it has never been hunted in any why.
Besides the house, there is a barn and a couple of acres of tilled ground.
The current own tells me that the original description included 5 slaves that were included with the house.
There are several trash piles. There is also the remnants of an outhouse.
Also, the owner says anything I find is mine.
Dmn, I can't wait till spring!!!!
4396898530_300daf56d3.jpg

Wow......great looking spot:thumbup:

Looks like it holds promise, I'd get a mower or gas weedeater in there and go to town on the place. Also maybe use a sifter at the dump sites. Good luck to ya!

Randy

Look inside and check those walls real good. Slaves did'nt have alot so they kept whatever they had closebye. Good Luck. HH and watch out for serpents.:clapping::minelab:

and I ain't afraid of no stinking snakes.(LOL)

I think the major problem will be vegetation so hit it early, large cents or early silver certainly a possibility..If the owner lets you carry a shovel dig a lot as just might be some oldies hiding...Wear gloves, high boots and carry some insect repellent and good luck...
Follow up sure would be nice as it makes most of the forum members mouths water in anticipation...

Hello KY. I'm not afraid of snakes either if I can see them but they do like to hide in those old walls. Been there and witnessed that. Them copper snakes and rattleheads will make you hurt yourself down here in TN. Good Hunting.:minelab::tesoro:

Hershey,Fortunately, we have very few poisonous snakes around here. When I see a snake, I may catch it and handle it a bit. But if you surprises you. I can scare the hell out you.LOL
Dan, I have permission to do whatever I want.
When I get back out, I'll take more pics of the property.. This one was actually downloaded from the county property valuation website with the property number cropped out, Heh Heh Heh..
If your county have a property website, its a great place to do research. The one for my county shows when the house was built, who owns it and has a pic. Sometimes, I'll just pick a street or road and check out one house after another. I learned there are 2 pre 1900 houses right on my street.
I'll certainly keep everyone posted on what I find.

You guys are going to hate me.

I just got permission to hunt another old farm. This one is in Ohio. The owner told me he torn down the original log cabin. When I get back. he will show me where the house, the privy and other important sites are. I'll start a thread on that one when I get back to it.

Wow! I'm green with envy. I could spend an entire season on that place. If the owner was prosperous enough to own slaves there should be a few nice coins and some really cool relics in the ground including war souvenirs or military surplus stuff from the Civil War. Always try to figure out how their water supply set up worked. Old wells just give me the willies and they must have had at least one well and possibly a cistern. Good hunting and be safe.

I'm visiting my virgin for the first dig tomorrow. It will mostly be a scouting expedition. I'll be taking my camera and video camera. I'm seriously thinking about making a video documentary.
I'll keep you all posted on what I find.
I can't wait to get started.