Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1860 farm house still giving up some goodies

Ohio Digger

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ2hcKfaaJQ

I hit the old farm house where I have permission to hunt. They actually tore the house down over the winter so now it's just an empty lot. I've found Barber quarters and dimes, IH's, tons of awesome relics. Last year I even found 2 real nice Barber halves (in other videos on my YouTube channel - both live digs). I've pounded the property pretty hard so I wasn't expecting to find too much in the short time I had but I still ended up with some great keepers and some more cool relics. The problem now is since the home has been torn down the property owner isn't having the grass cut anymore so it's about a foot high. I was really hoping to get the 13" Ultimate over there to see what else I could pull up. I may have to wait til winter or keep watching to see if it gets mowed this year.

Awesome finds and I really enjoyed your vid; clip. It's a great and exciting opportunity to detect anywhere that has age and history to it! When I have the chance to detect anywhere like where you have, I always hope I could come across that cache of old coins (preferably gold coins) lol. It sounds like it might be worth renting a ride on/along mower to get rid of the grass to allow you to get closer to the ground!:detecting: .

that large cent is incredible,

if possible make sure you hunt where the house stood. unless it had a basement things could have fallen thru cracks in the floor. good luck

Nice finds... looks like your hunting a good spot ...

Excellent finds !

Just goes to show that most sites are never really hunted out. Sometimes it's just a matter of swing the loop from a different direction. Way to go on the finds.