Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1861 SKIRMISH HALF DIMES

DWild

Found two Half Dimes Friday at the 1861 skirmish site here in NW Missouri. First one I found was an 1835 Capped with a hole punched in it. The second was an 1839 Seated. The 39 is caked up bad but the 35 is pretty nice. If 1835 was the soldiers birth year, that would have made his age 26 in 1861.

Love those half dimes. Most people aren't even aware they were n production. Any other related Civil War relics with the coins?

jimmyk in Missouri

To jimmyk's question,

I had spent the whole day searching 3 other locations on this farm trying to locate the recruiting camp that we think should be there. I went back to the skirmish site the last hour before dark and hit both the half dimes. I did hunt the same general area that contained the half dimes a couple of days earlier. I will attach a photo of those finds.

I will be back there tomorrow and we shall see what shows up.

Thanks for posting

You are just killing it!!! I'm envious!!! Love the Gold!!! What machine are you using? You had said the 2 1/2 was 11-22 and the dollar was 11-11? Was wondering how it compares to my Fisher F4. I got numbers off a 2 1/2 the other day from one my friend brought to me, it hit a 40 on my F4. Supposed to be bringing me a dollar soon.