Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1868 two cent coin photos.

pinecreekkid

I found this coin in a bean field that a friend and I have been detecting. We had been digging up a few Indian heads and shield nickles when out popped this coin. I about had a heart attack when I saw it, I have never seen one before.

That is so cool! Nice find, keep the photo coming.

wow, that is a great find, i have never seen one either.good shape too. congrats on that piece. you better go back to that bean field. :clap:

The corrosion reduces the Grade by 2 Levels so your is in FINE - 12 Condition.Red Book Value Is about $20. Sweet Find. Get Back There ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbup:

Thanks for looking. We went back to the field on Friday and my friend found another two center in much better condition, very sharp detail with In God We Trust very pronounced. The coin looked as if it was dropped right after being minted, could not believe how well it stood up to being in the ground for over 147 years, His was an 1864.

Inever knew thear was a two cent coin

Found my one & only two cent in Iowa 12 yrs ago.........didn't know what the heck it was....lol. Big Congrats on finding two two cents.

Beautiful find. I knew some guys who found more than one of those in a park square,. They said they where sounding like nickles when they hit- was that your experience? CO

Thanks for lookin. No Osgood it came up as a solid dime signal on my IDX Classic, which is where the Indian Head pennies were signaling at, so I figured it was another Indian Head, but when I saw it laying in the hole I knew right away it was something different and when I pulled it out and saw the 2 on it I about keeled over, I had never seen a 2 cent coin before or even knew one existed. I got out my Red Book and found them in it and was pleasantly surprised to find that the 2 cent coin was the first coin to have the motto In God We Trust on it, I figured that it was probably a once in a lifetime find but two days later about 20 yards away my Friend found another one in better shape, pretty lucky I guess.

Osgood.....mine was also found with a White's (Silver Eagle). It rang in as penny/dime. It was about 8-9" deep. Faint signal.