Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1873 Shield Nickel Nox find.

Bob38

This weekend I found an 1873 Shield Nickel in an area that has been hunted heavily for years. The site is one of the heaviest iron contaminated sites I have ever hunted and decided to approach the site differently. So I turned the recovery speed up to 5. It was the end of the day so what did I have to lose? (i usually have it set on 2). Anyway, ran the Nox over a part of the ground I had been over a hundred times and the Nox gave a good repeatable nickel signal. This machine is amazing and it continues to surprise me. I'm over my denial phase about this machine. It has to be the best on the market and I have the Deus, V3i, and Etrac. All good machines but the Equinox.............

Bob,

That's a terrific find, ESPECIALLY given how irony it sounds like the site is, and how heavily you've hunted it...

I totally agree with you, about the machine. There's no doubt the Equinox is an excellent, high-performing unit. Folks have been looking at the price tag, and scoffing, since before it was released. "NO WAY," so many folks said, "can a $649 machine perform to the level of a $1500 to $2500 unit." And I get that line of thinking; after all, there's a certain amount of logic there. BUT -- after swinging the EQX for just over a year now, it's clear to me that Minelab did NOT cut corners on the engineering with this machine. Like you say, it hangs with the "top" machines out there -- at least in my books. I have swung FBS machines for years and years, and I have to admit, my CTX is not seeing a whole lot of action, since I got my Equinox. In fact, I now have two of them. I'd absolutely still be swinging the CTX otherwise, but the finds I make with the Equinox every time I pick it up, keep me from wanting to set it down...

Steve

Nice find still hunting a shield...

Congrats on a sweet find Bob. Keep increasing the recovery speed on that type of site you haven't got to the sweet spot yet. Just remember the higher the recovery speed the narrower the audio response becomes. JMO
Jeff

It’s definitely a high recovery, small coil, slow swing type of site. I can see why old stuff still is still there. Here is my problem..........I can’t wait to get back to this site. I love hunting these sites.