Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1875-CC Seated Dime

denny

My first Carson City mint coin. Wasn't in the condition I was hoping for but I'm still happy with it. Ctx only gave out a crappy peep in one direction 12-40 it came and went. I circled around the target and got some 11-30's like a beavertail or iron. 5-6 inches deep. This is the kind of target others are not digging or missing. I was pretty close to not digging but the 12-40 I saw told me to dig.

HH

nolanation said:
And why wouldn't you dig it even if it was in the 11-30's? Ya should. Nice find though!

I didn't want to dig any more iron and beavertails I would dig 11-39. I was cherry picking my way through. Now if I was after gold I would've dug 11-30's.

Still waiting on mine!

Congratulations... I found one of those on the Central Coast of California in a small park I spotted on the way home from beach hunting one day. It was a lesson for me to dig everything when the Fisher CZ-6 I had with me that day registered the coin as a zinc penny on the screen. I about walked away, but thought I'd better get rid of that signal and it turned out to be one of those seated lady 1875 CC dimes. A lesson learned.... nes