Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1877-CC Dime to go with Seated Half and Quarter

Chris(SoCenWI)

Hello All,

012.jpg

I went back to where I found the 1876 Seated Half last week. Only find today was this 1877-CC dime. So for year have one of three different denominations. It would be nice to pop out a Seated Half Dime before the year is up. Don't think a Seated dollar is likely. I don't recall in all my twenty years looking at finds in different forums that I've ever seen anyone post a Seated Dollar. Anybody remember one?

This is my 5th CC mint mark; just looked through my records and found out it is the second 1877-CC dime. The other is in much better condition than this one.

I was going to take a picture of the reverse side and paste obverse and reverse photos together, but need to learn a new photo editing software to do so. Maybe tomorrow.

Happy Hunting

Chris(SoCenWI)

Barber is oldest I’ve found to date so I’m pretty jealous of your success….. nice finds for sure!

Any Seated any time in any condition is a great find and you found two in a weeks time! Good hunting.

Congratulations on another great find!
I've read that during the Comstock Lode era, the silver barons put a lot of pressure on the US government to buy silver for the mint at healthy prices citing the need to get more coinage into circulation. Even though the Carson City Mint produced generally fewer coins, they were pretty widely "exported" to other states.
I've been lucky to find 3 seated dimes, one quarter, and a half. None with the coveted "CC" though. My wife has found the 76 & 77 Carson dimes here in Utah.
Any seated coin is a bucket lister in my opinion. You getting 5 CC's is incredible.

Congrats again.

Last edited:
Another nice find. CC? Any thoughts on why CC mint marks are being found in your area or that spot? If they have all come from the same spot. 5 CC coins is near amazing. (y) HH jim tn
Jim,

I've found 5 CC mint coins in 20 years of detecting. Only one was from this spot.

Chris

I just did a break down.

51 Seated total:
4 half dimes
39 dimes
6 quarters
2 halves

7 S mintmark
5 CC mintmark
2 O