Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1885 farmhouse

Steve In Michigan

Went back out to an old 1885 Farmhouse where we had permission to hunt. Lots of trash lot of old square nails not much good stuff. The more notable finds besides a rough 1944 wheat penny, was this old antique copper or brass barn swallow pin or brooch. And an old spinner off from an 1897 musky trolling lure. And a nice complete old spoon from the 1877 Niagara Falls company.

Attachments

• 20210912_091305.jpg
    20210912_091305.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • 20210913_071128.jpg
    20210913_071128.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210913_071141.jpg
    20210913_071141.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20210912_160514.jpg
    20210912_160514.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
That is a neat looking old house…
Wonder where the clothes line was at??
Be good to go back after the grass stops growing and is shorter…
They keep it mowed pretty well. And I will guess the clothes line was where the big Oak trees are on the back side of the house. We are the only ones besides their niece to hunt it. And she only did once with a old 1970's Radio Shack Special.

Went back out to an old 1885 Farmhouse where we had permission to hunt. Lots of trash lot of old square nails not much good stuff. The more notable finds besides a rough 1944 wheat penny, was this old antique copper or brass barn swallow pin or brooch. And an old spinner off from an 1897 musky trolling lure. And a nice complete old spoon from the 1877 Niagara Falls company.
Cool relics!
I would love to get inside that house and detect some spots to see if there is any stashed coins!
Tony

Who ever built/live house must have been well off back then, not to bad now really. I like what you found here
The people who owns it were going to renovate it and live there. But the Bats got into for a few years and crapped everywhere. The county health board deemed it unsafe to live in it. So they built a house right next to it. The wife of the owners says it has a Michigan Basement in it. I would go inside and poke around.... But I don't think those old floor boards would hold my fast butt up. 😆 I would end up taking the express route to the basement. 😆