Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1887 permission hunt

Last weekend the temperature was up into the 50's, so I was able to get permission to hunt a house that was built in 1887. I spent three hours, and all I found was seven Wheat Pennies ranging from 1916 to 1956. I thought for sure I would find some" Silver", but I didn't find zilch! I will be going back, in hope of finding some "Silver".

HH Chappy

Good luck, I hope you find the silver! They like to hide some times!

chappy(IN) said:
Last weekend the temperature was up into the 50's, so I was able to get permission to hunt a house that was built in 1887. I spent three hours, and all I found was seven Wheat Pennies ranging from 1916 to 1956. I thought for sure I would find some" Silver", but I didn't find zilch! I will be going back, in hope of finding some "Silver".

HH Chappy

Hi chappy,
I don't own a CTX but there are very old farms around where I live that go back to 1830ish where I have found large cents and other old coins but not so much as one silver dime/quarter/half/dollar.
Some farmers were so poor they didn't have a pot to piss in.

Jason in Enid said:
Good luck, I hope you find the silver! They like to hide some times!

Thanks Jason, I had high expectation for this place.

Tony N (Michigan) said:

HH Chappy

Hi chappy,
I don't own a CTX but there are very old farms around where I live that go back to 1830ish where I have found large cents and other old coins but not so much as one silver dime/quarter/half/dollar.
Some farmers were so poor they didn't have a pot to @#$%& in.

Hey Tony, I sure would love to find a large cent.

sgoss66 said:
Chappy --

I bet you'll get into some silver, next time. You know it's there!

Nice digs!

Steve

What's nice about this property is I have unlimited access.:super:

Keep pkugging, they aint all gone. Had the same situation and pulled -1830 Dime. Keep hunting it!

Keep at it, If your finding wheaties it has not been hit. Well, for sure not with a CTX 3030! :twodetecting: