Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1893 Barber Quarter / Barber Dimes / Merchant Tokens / Very Old Skeleton Key / Silver Jewelry

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 3 weekends of Saturday/Sunday hunts since my last post. Again the setup I used was my MInelab Etrac with 12x10 SEF Coil.
All finds were from Public sites (city parks (railroad parks also) , schools) except for the 1906 Barber dime, 1900 Indian penny, Firestone hanger, padlock, one of the 5 cent merchant tokens and a few wheat pennies.
Those were house permission finds from someone seeing me at the city park near their house and inviting me to hunt their yard.
The 1893 o barber quarter was found in a public park that was near iron @ about 9 inches deep. I was lucky the old skeleton key was unbroken when I pulled it as it was the last thing
I expected to see. It read like a higher coin type signal. I have never found That padlock design with "1903" on the front. Saturday was the first time I had saw that.
Sunday about 80 miles from the first padlock, I pulled a 2nd "1903" padlock! The chance of that happening are very lucky to say the least.
The engraved locket is marked 925 silver. It is newer as half of it was above ground. It gave me a penny reading of 12-43 but something in the sound was slightly different (more brassy sounding) than a penny which
caused me to take notice and retrieve it. I was happy I did.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1971 Half Dollar
1893, 1953 quarters
Dimes back to 1899 (5 barber)
Nickels Back to 1900
6 Indian Head Pennies back to 1891
1 steel Wheat penny
Not pictured are 58 wheat pennies back to 1910

Non Coin Finds
3 Merchant Tokens
Very Old Skeleton Key
3 Padlocks
6 rings (2 silver, 1 gold plated)
925 silver locket
Old Religious Medal (somewhat heavy)
Small Eagle button with stars (was found at an old railroad park)
Boy Scouts 50th Anniversary National Jamboree Medal (1910-1960)
Old Firestone Belt? hanger
2 pointed Jack Kids toy
Old Buckle (found similar one earlier this year)
Small Brass Scale Counter Weight
Old Sewing Needle (read like a choppy Indian head penny
Miniature Jackknife
Thin round chopper ornate medal
Various other buttons, etc.
OldCoinsAndTokens.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
OldSkeletonKey.jpg
RingsAndSilverLocket.jpg
ReligiousMedalAndLocket.jpg
OldButton.jpg
BoyScoutsJamboreeMedal.jpg
Relics.jpg
SaturdayFinds.jpg

They had rain in southern Iowa but us Northers didn't get but a few drops. I mentioned in another post that I will wait till we get some moisture.. Good luck Dave!

I haven't been able to be here in awhile, but I show up and you are still wearing it out with your E-Trac.

My E-Trac has been parked since I got my Equinox 800 that has sniffing out good stuff behind my E-Trac.

Not exactly sure what you mean by 'wearing it out' but I am glad you are liking your new machine.
Makes our awesome hobby that much more enjoyable!
Dave

I haven't been able to be here in awhile, but I show up and you are still wearing it out with your E-Trac.

My E-Trac has been parked since I got my Equinox 800 that has sniffing out good stuff behind my E-Trac.

What I mean is that you know your machine and always to find great targets when hunting.

Did you maybe park the wrong machine ....his etrac posts are always something I look forward to !

Ok. Thanks.
I have 2 etracs. The original I bought in 2008 and I have used thousands of hours in 5-100 degree temps and in rain without a cover and the thing still works fine. They are built like a tank.
Dave
What I mean is that you know your machine and always to find great targets when hunting.