Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1895-O BOY BARBER an other goodies.

chadwick

Wow what a day was hunting along a easement in front of a friends house. I had a signal very faint but only one way. I thought why not so I began digging and out came a rusty nail. Rechecked the signal it was still there dug down more and holy smokes. Out from a 119 year nap A beautiful 1895 O BARBER DIME. My first key date barber that year they only minted 440,000 in New Orleans it was about 9 inches down. As if that wasn't enough I walk ten step to my right hit another high tone. I drop down dug a plug and Pow a gorgeous . 925 diamond silver ingagement ring. Today wasn't long enough Jackalyn found 11 wheats and a1916 buffalo along with a 57 rosey.

Hey Chadwick,
way to go man and your lady. I've never found a Barber of any date. How much would that coin bring if you don't mind saying?

Well we all know it's about the condition. I'll be honest I'm thinking between 3 to 5 hundred. It's in what I would call better than good. I don't know much about that process of grading a coin. It's priceless to me I gave it back to the owner along with that ring. She said here you can keep the coin, I even told her the estimated value of it. Her eyes were on that diamond lol. Jackalyn said hi and it was good hearing from you.

I would say yours is as good or better condition than the one I sold . Great find in any condition by the way .:thumbup:

That's one sweet coin. Great pic quality too. Did you get a TDI on the ring? , its so thin I wonder what your reading was or did you modify to hear the high tone in the low numbers?

The TDI on the ring was 12-43 13-45. Thanks for all the comments it definitely was a blue ribbon day.

That is one purdy dime! (oh, and the ring isn't shabby either) - great photo too!

How would I go about getting this graded. Any help is appreciated I looked at others for sale an it makes me wonder how good this really is.

To get it graded go to a lcs that has a membership with pcgs I think it's 40 dollars for the membership coins are around 30 to get graded plus shipping you will save the membership fee this way ., But if I was going to sell that coin I would sell it raw that's a beautiful coin as is . It well come back from pcgs as environmental damage marked with the grade . As I look at it it may make very fine and a easy 1000.00 dollar coin .Because it's a d$m good looking coin . :thumbup: sube

Thanks sube I was wondering if that would hurt it or help it. I think I'm gonna get a case for it an put it in the vault. It's definitely a dream find I don't need to sell it but it's an option. Maybe I'm wrong but the price of rarity doesn't go down. Thanks again....