Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1898 padlock after cleaning..

Mark kus

Found this nice old brass padlock yesterday threw it in my tumbler for a few hours with soap and water looks nice!!
Before and after.
87F3FA6C-C98D-446D-BD37-F85BB5B411C9.jpeg
B98CD89D-96AA-4FF5-93CC-7B29F83B33FD.jpeg
30034564-0C36-4108-85B7-D01807BDDD3E.jpeg

Great looking find and Save on the lock. It really cleaned up nice. I have never seen one like this. You Did Good.

Thanks everyone this park is right on LIS 2 minutes from my house hundreds of acres ! I just decided to hunt the field in the entrance and found some nice stuff the lock was in a middle of a depression in the field I'm told a barn use to stand there which makes sense lots of old square nails.
The lock was about 8" down and I thought I had another half!
The only silver we got from that area was the 1/2 Canadian dime which I found 1880 thought I had my seated half dime!
I used stainless steel shot and hot water and dish soap and tumbled for a couple hours.
Mark

That's a really cool find. You should bring it to a locksmith shop and have them make you a key for it.
Thanks I was wondering about that! be very cool locks in excellent condition
Have any idea what that might cost?
Thanks
Mark

I had a key made for an old lock I had... and it ran me $45.00 But then you have a WORKING piece of history.
Definitely cool I’ll look into it thank you!
Mark