Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1901 S Barber Quarter. From Earth to Auction video

"Dr.Tones"

I found a coin with my metal detector that changed my life. This is the mini documentary of my 1901 S Barber Quarter. From finding it in the ground to selling it at auction and everything in between. It has been said that this coin is the rarest US silver coin of the 20th century (in existance). Be there as I dig it up. Experience the process of what happens when you find something of value that you want to sell. Where do you turn? What steps do you take?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp476YDAmis

Another good and exciting video Dr. Tones, congratulations on the find and thanks for sharing the journey. I have never sold any of my finds but have never found something that valuable.

Randy

An awesome find Brandon. Most folks in this hobby, regardless if they have been detecting four weeks or forty years are not going to recover a coin like that.

The odds of making a discovery like this must be staggering, just imagine the amount of time we all collectively put into this hobby hoping to uncover a really valuable coin but it almost never occurs . But, then one day out of the blue clear sky it happens .

I know someone else who found an even rarer coin... GKMAN ;)

Hehehe, I wasn't going to bring that up... Today is about You!

Tones is there a way you could share your good fortune I been looking at cars lately and there just darn expensive .Great video and I hope it takes care of some bills .:thumbup: sube

Amazing find... I'm surprised tho they didn't suggest sending it off to be graded before sending it to auction. I have seen some of your videos before ( the three piece pocket watch really made me laugh, you have a style of humor just like my oldest brother) before I joined this site... awesome finofd and congrats. That one coin definitely payed for the hobby cost ........I hope lol

Thanks for posting that video link! Inspiring and informative! :thumbup:
I'd guess that was a tough decision to put that coin in the mail.

So inspiring infact was your video,
now i got to take a 2nd look at all my dug up Barbers, Seat'ds and other oldies!
Sometimes i don't research some of my oldies just log it in and put it in the silver bin...but now i will.

Thanks guys! Yes!!! Go back and double check those dates! Haha!

Awesome video!! I've been watching this unfold since the first day you posted the find, even had the auction site bookmarked and followed it regularly. It was cool to see a recap video from your perspective. Thanks for taking us along on this incredible journey:clapping::detecting: