Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1909 V.D.B.

One of the local farm fields that I hut was finally harvested this past Friday, so yesterday I was out early with my Xterra 70 and my Quattro. Hunted for 2 hours with my Xterra 70 with a few finds. Then I tried the Quattro, after about 15 minutes I got a good signal showing a solid 37. I dug down about 7 inches and out comes the oldest wheat penny you can find. Its in real rough shape but you can read the date 1909, and on the back you can read the V.D.B.. The one thing is that it has some corrosion just below the date , so I can't tell for sure if it's an "S" mint mark or just corrosion. Here are some pictures.

Nice find Bill, the oldest one I've found was a 1910 about two weeks ago.
Congratulations,
Don