Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1910 Farm House

Ronstar

One of my oldest friends and long time hunting buddy lost his wife to cancer a year ago. Just after that he was rushed in for heart surgery and ended up staying with his oldest daughter just over 100 miles away from here. He finally got home a couple weeks ago but no lifting more than 20 lbs for awhile. So he calls on me for those pop up chores that require no brains just brawn.

I asked about detecting his 1.5 acres with a 1910 build house and he said go for it. I started having visions of dancing silver coins and couldnt sleep for a couple days. They bought the place in 1982 and no detectors since then. He thinks the place was empty most of the 60s and a rental in the late 70s. All I could do was keep positive and start swinging.

I dug 90c clad yesterday (all 65 + and 70s), seven copper memorials (same years) and one 1940S wheat. That was an area maybe 50x30 and our ground right now is bone dry down to 8-10”. Did find one older brass dog tag and a 70s car wash token but no silver coins. Tomorrow will be different I told myself.

Well, a bit better. Dug a costume ring made of twisted wire and a “diamond” glass stone. Not six feet away I hit a solid 41-42 showing deep. Brought up a mangled ring with an onyx type stone and broken shank. Looks older so fingers crossed. I finished up another section of lawn about the same size and not one silver!! I did get nine more copper pennies all 60s and 70s……. Did I mention no silver??? Well I get to go back and play all I want so a pretty big sandbox.

Once home and cleaned the twisted wire ring had no markings. The other ring tho……
Altho the shank is quite twisted and I thought it was broken it more appears it is cut and or designed that way. Right where the metal is bent the sharpest I could see it was stamped but unable to make it out on 10x loupe so bumped up to 20x, STERLING!!! So the venture is not totally lost.

I really think someone else hit this place in the 60s or 70s and most likely retrieved the biggest amount of silver coins. We will see…..

Note: The dog tag has a name and an address. Being the address is RR (rural route) and a PO box # dates that back to the 60s as well. The city has a zipcode so thats post 1963. I am trying to see if any family is still around and return it if wanted.

Attachments

• A2DDC0DC-7ABE-45FC-9168-103A3255A060.jpeg
    A2DDC0DC-7ABE-45FC-9168-103A3255A060.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • 97A9CF3B-8FEF-4A60-B49A-3B937F3733E2.jpeg
    97A9CF3B-8FEF-4A60-B49A-3B937F3733E2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
  • 70AE1964-1A41-40FA-87C9-BFA7D624E9F5.jpeg
    70AE1964-1A41-40FA-87C9-BFA7D624E9F5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Nice finds Ron! You have 1.5 acres which is quite a bit of land to cover. I’m sure there is more waiting for you. Hard to say, but it could be one of these places that produce quality over quantity. I look forward to your next hunt there.

Matt, we know where the 60-70s clothes line was but no idea where the older or original was. Trees along the main paved road are really old and I have one dime signal buried under the roots with no real way to get to it. The couple fruit trees are only 40 yrs old. Im going to keep working the mowed area and do this all again once we get some rain in the ground. I think we are as dry as S Idaho……..

Nice hunt. Awesome to have friends like you.
Have you worked close to the house ?
Should be loaded with nails.
Typically the old hunters missed a lot in iron trash.
Low an slow. Good Luck ...

Matt, we know where the 60-70s clothes line was but no idea where the older or original was. Trees along the main paved road are really old and I have one dime signal buried under the roots with no real way to get to it. The couple fruit trees are only 40 yrs old. Im going to keep working the mowed area and do this all again once we get some rain in the ground. I think we are as dry as S Idaho……..
I’ll be over at the fruit trees if you need me 🤭🤣😂